Nitrous app

Eng90

Established Member
Hey guys,

Nitrous oxide looks really interesting but i have no experience with it .

1. How is it compared to other fi app ?
2. Does it affect the longevity off the engine ?
3. Is it easy / reliable to be tune by shaun ?
4. Now that our cars have 11:1 comp ratio ... would i be worrying about pre ignition or detonation ?
5. I guess with its components it definitely weighs less than other fi apps ..?

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
It's a massive pain in the ass to constantly have to refill your bottle. If you don't have a remote opening solenoid on the bottle, then that's also a pain in the ass if you ever plan to use it on the street. The weight savings of nitrous over turbo or supercharger is negligible.

5lho

Established Member
Nothing, repeat nothing, transfers more power without lost energy to the engine. Every other power adder takes some level of power to run it. So a small shot, equals a lot larger hit from another adder.

It's true it isn't street friendly but that is not its primary purpose in life. It's for racing when you are prepared. Filling bottles and switching tunes is a bit inconvenient, to be sure. I use it track only.

High compression engines LOVE nitrous. It works as a charge cooler and makes the efficiency of a high compression setup multiply.

The no weight savings argument is ludicrous. A twenty pound weight in the back and a few pounds in solenoids and wiring up front compared to 100+ pounds of blower, FMIC, piping, etc. Or a big ass weight right up top of the engine, in the worst spot, or doubling up on piping for turbos.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread