Nitrous and Unported Eaton

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I searched but didn't come up with much about putting nitrous on an unported eaton. Do you need to adjust the tune if you are going to run a 75 wet shot? I run only a 3.0 upper pulley and have seen that as long as you are between 8 and 12 pounds of boost you shouldn't need the retune.

Also NOS says to use the .036 Nitrous jet and a .024 Fuel jet to equal a 75 shot. Wouldn't it be safer to run a little bit larger of a fuel jet to equal it out some and not go lean any?

Thanks I am just trying to figure out if this is something I want to do or not. It would really only be temporary for the rest of this season. :beer:

ctgreddy

Established Member
It all depends how much timing you have in your current tune. You're gonna want around 18/19* for a 75 shot with 93 pump. Also a 36/24 jetting will be fine. Most fuel jetting numbers are still rich, So running their suggested jets will be safe enough.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I primarily run race gas actually. But do you think a 75 shot will work on the stock fuel system also?

stangfreak

Established Member
I would never run a car on 93 with two power adders and would never just throw nitrous at the car without looking over the tune. This is wild

ctgreddy

Established Member
I primarily run race gas actually. But do you think a 75 shot will work on the stock fuel system also?

stock fuel system...no. You'll need a bap atleast. and a MAFia atleast also. but if you're using race gas, you can spray that on the amount of timing most pump gas cars run.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I would never run a car on 93 with two power adders and would never just throw nitrous at the car without looking over the tune. This is wild

Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. I run it, and my tuner tried telling me to spray more but I didn't have any jets. With the right timing and correct fuel it's fine. I would agree tho you should atleast datalog the tune to check afr/timing.

stangfreak

Established Member
Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. I run it, and my tuner tried telling me to spray more but I didn't have any jets. With the right timing and correct fuel it's fine. I would agree tho you should atleast datalog the tune to check afr/timing.

Im glad the combo is working out for you. My tuner would never recommend that. But hey, everyone does whatever they want to there car's. Me personally? I would never do it. Good luck !

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Man you're missing out. An upper/lower/ported/ spray setup flat out rocks. Ran that for 45k and only issue was my stock clutch which I knew Wasnt going to hold forever anyway.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
75 shot on 93 isnt that bad as long as the tune is right. Like they said you dont just strap it on and run it without adjusting quite a bit in the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread