Nitrous 200 shot plate ???

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
So I recently upgraded to the NX high output plate on my 2011 GT and went consistent 10.25 .27 .28 all night at 132-133 mph with 1.40- 1.42- 1.44 60ft times. Seems like its tapped out was hoping for some 10.00's but don't think its gonna happen with the current 200 shot , stock intake manifold, and headers. I'm thinking about putting the 250 in it next but my question is will there be any issue with fuel puddling in the manifold? Also not sure if im flowing enough Air or exhaust with stock Intake and Headers for that big of a shot ???

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Damn. I wouldn't be running a 200 through a plate kit regardless of built motor for that many passes. I would deff look into a CJ boss manifold and a direct port setup.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Why do you say that I shouldn't be running 200 shot through a plate kit ?? 200 aint a big shot and its on a progressive controller. When I step up to a 300 then I will get a MMR roadrunner manifold with direct port.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Damn Man, that's still very strong. Since you have a 4c converter on auto why did you put in 3.73's? Most guy's like the stock or 3.31's for power adders on auto trans from what I've seen. Also, wonder why a stock motor would not live with 200 shot on progressive and good tune? There is a lot of FI (supercharger/turbo) setups running 600-650 whp on stock motors. That's an easy 250-300 hp (at motor) increase from stock. Why not the same on the nitrous?

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Plates tend to have distribution issues at higher volumes, direct port will insure proper distribution to each cylinder.Plus the stock manifold is kind of sketchy compared to say a boss as far as flow is concerned.

My plate kit didn't flow very well on bigger shots, same with a buddy car and a different brand plate kit stock manifold.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Damn Man, that's still very strong. Since you have a 4c converter on auto why did you put in 3.73's? Most guy's like the stock or 3.31's for power adders on auto trans from what I've seen. Also, wonder why a stock motor would not live with 200 shot on progressive and good tune? There is a lot of FI (supercharger/turbo) setups running 600-650 whp on stock motors. That's an easy 250-300 hp (at motor) increase from stock. Why not the same on the nitrous?

He has a built motor. So what I am about to say doesn't apply.

TVS/Nitrous tend to shock the rods since it's instant power. Where as a centri/turbo are easier on rods due to the gradual power band.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
He has a built motor. So what I am about to say doesn't apply.

TVS/Nitrous tend to shock the rods since it's instant power. Where as a centri/turbo are easier on rods due to the gradual power band.

That's why I stated using a progressive...?

Who makes direct port kits?

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
With the 373 gears and my current set up the car rolls through the traps at 6900 rpm. I will likely built my own direct port set up later but 250 isnt out of reach with a plate. The reason I say this is because with the fuel I'm running VP MS103 it doesn't burn near as much fuel so they recommended a .44 fuel just but I only needed a .29 fuel jet to dial in the short term fuel trim. So as far as having issues with fuel pudding I think its fine!!

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Damn. I wouldn't be running a 200 through a plate kit regardless of built motor for that many passes. I would deff look into a CJ boss manifold and a direct port setup.

Just curious how big of a shot where you running when you had distribution issues? Also what N20 jet and fuel jets did you use? The thing to understand with MS 103 it requires less fuel for a 200 shot so I'm running the same fuel jet as someone with a 125 wet shot, so there shouldn't be any issues pudding fuel in the intake.

OSW: http://youtu.be/xWi4mNrwYWM

Last edited:

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Very nice passes, congrats. Keep working on those launches and it will go quicker and faster.
Very nice combo as well.
Thanks for sharing.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread