Nissan Murano

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
Anyone here have/has had one of these. I found one I might try to put the wife into for a pretty good price. What are your questions/comments on the ride.

firestang19

Established Member
I work at a Nissan dealership as a salesman, and I can tell you that the murano is our most popular cross-over SUV. What separates it from many SUVs is the fact that it has what we call the CVT transmission (Continous Variable Timing). In other words, the car feels as if you are running in one gear, and provides for excellent power and better fuel economy. What creates the seamless shifting is the fact that the RPMs and the Speedo both go up at the same time, not the idea that the RPMs fly up and then your car reaches the engine speed.

Also, they hold there value pretty well. We have a few 03-06 pre-owned muranos and they are going for 22-25 thousand. Before you make a decision, try a murano and you will love it. Good luck, and if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
Sorry folks, I can't afford an Infiniti FX. The Murano we're looking at is a 2005 SL AWD with 12k miles for 23k. Plus the dealership is throwing in a 100k mile 7 year warranty. Seemed like a good deal, I was just wondering if any of you people had any first hand experiences with them. Wifes current car is getting detailed tomorrow, so we'll see if we get it thursday.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
My brother just recently bought a 2003 Murano. Very nice vehicle. No gripes from me aside from it being bizzare to drive for a short period of time until you get accustomed to how the transmission works.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
TORCH_RED said:
Anyone here have/has had one of these. I found one I might try to put the wife into for a pretty good price. What are your questions/comments on the ride.
Ive drivin many of them, I like them alot, I would say you would be satisfied. They have a good look to them also.... Good luck, lets see them pics. after you buy :)

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Wintermute

Banned
6SpeedLover said:
Ive drivin many of them, I like them alot, I would say you would be satisfied. They have a good look to them also.... Good luck, lets see them pics. after you buy :)

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Get a used FX. I'd also try out the new Toyota FD Cruiser before you buy, they are the shit.

FBMphil

Established Member
firestang19 said:
I work at a Nissan dealership as a salesman...

What separates it from many SUVs is the fact that it has what we call the CVT transmission (Continous Variable Timing)...
Pretty typical car salesman, not knowing about the product they sell. It's a Continuously Variable Transmission.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
FBMphil said:
Pretty typical car salesman, not knowing about the product they sell. It's a Continuously Variable Transmission.
BWHAHAHA OWNED!!!

(Not havin smilies really sux ass)

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
FBMphil said:

Oh snap...

Where the fock is my popcorn???

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
I don't know why....but every time I see one of those I think of those "old school" roller skate tennis shoes. Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Nissan engineers designed that vehicle around this look / concept?????

Seriously......

rollershoe.jpg

nissan_murano_s2wd_2006_exterior_2_346x270.jpg

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
WOLFGANGSTA said:
I don't know why....but every time I see one of those I think of those "old school" roller skate tennis shoes. Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Nissan engineers designed that vehicle around this look / concept?????

Seriously......

rollershoe.jpg

nissan_murano_s2wd_2006_exterior_2_346x270.jpg

The FX45 resemble shoes even more.

rollershoe.jpg

fx45_3.jpg

But damn I love the way they look.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
my wife drives an 04 Murano XL awd, dark brown with tan leather.. it's not fully loaded (dosn't have the naviagation system but everything else) while it's rated to pull 3500 lbs, I don't know if I'd trust that CVT to pull that for long distances. She has about 70K miles on it, and outside of the alternator recall, it's been very reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread