Nissan GTR spc V inforamtion!!!

Brizzal84

Established Member
I want to start off saying Iam not a big fan of the car but I found some good info about the car on autoweek. so here we go with the info.

Nissan rolls out the GTR spc V
We've seen photos of a mysterious GT-R lapping Germany's Nürburgring for months with different body work and rims, and we now can confirm that the car is the more performance-focused SpecV version of Nissan's supercar.

Nissan announced that the GT-R SpecV will go on sale next month in Japan at select dealers. Weight reduction comes courtesy of generous use of carbon fiber for both the exterior and the interior. On the outside, the rear spoiler, grille and brake ducts are formed from carbon fiber. Inside, the back seat has been eliminated and two Recaro carbon-fiber bucket seats are installed for front passengers. Even more carbon-fiber trim lines the dash and rear storage compartment.

Unlike the rumored 40-hp jump for the 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V6, the base horsepower figure stays at 480. However, Nissan did not leave things underhood totally untouched. Engineers add a new high-gear boost controller to increase boost momentarily for more torque in medium- to high-speed situations.

Specific suspension tuning, lighter NISMO wheels, a titanium-coated exhaust and a carbon-ceramic brake system also are exclusive to the SpecV.

Only 10 copies of the SpecV are expected to be produced a month, all painted in ultimate black opal. No official word on whether the GT-R SpecV will make it to the United States, but if it does, expect a base price in the six-figure range.

If you would like to see pic they are on autoweeks page.

Let the trash talking happen now!!!!!

Last edited:

EVO32570

Established Member
What are the advantages of a titanium-coated exhaust?...

Probably nothing but a reason for them adding an extra 15k to the car. This car will probably be as much as a Ferrari when its done. Why would anyone pay all this money for a nissan. Someone will but I just dont get it.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
cant believe these engineers did everything but fix the biggest problem on these things un****ingbelievable(yeah i made it one word so ****ing what)

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Ceramic brakes and carbon fiber pieces sound cool, along with the rear seat delete (pretty useless seats anyway...) and 911 Turbo-style overboost feature, but its not worth the extra $$$$ over a regular GTR in my opinion.

Luckily for Nissan, they'll still sell every single one they make.

EDIT: Its funny how you guys continue to blow the transmission issue out of proportion.

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
wow, no power increase? just an over-boost feature? and only 10 produced a month?

oh baby, common 25psi, lets go down to the nearest nissan dealership and pick one up :kaboom:

IBTF <-in before the FAIL

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I want to start off saying Iam not a big fan of the car but I found some good info about the car on autoweek. so here we go with the info.

Nissan rolls out the GTR spc V
We've seen photos of a mysterious GT-R lapping Germany's Nürburgring for months with different body work and rims, and we now can confirm that the car is the more performance-focused SpecV version of Nissan's supercar.

Nissan announced that the GT-R SpecV will go on sale next month in Japan at select dealers. Weight reduction comes courtesy of generous use of carbon fiber for both the exterior and the interior. On the outside, the rear spoiler, grille and brake ducts are formed from carbon fiber. Inside, the back seat has been eliminated and two Recaro carbon-fiber bucket seats are installed for front passengers. Even more carbon-fiber trim lines the dash and rear storage compartment.

Unlike the rumored 40-hp jump for the 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V6, the base horsepower figure stays at 480. However, Nissan did not leave things underhood totally untouched. Engineers add a new high-gear boost controller to increase boost momentarily for more torque in medium- to high-speed situations.

Specific suspension tuning, lighter NISMO wheels, a titanium-coated exhaust and a carbon-ceramic brake system also are exclusive to the SpecV.

Only 10 copies of the SpecV are expected to be produced a month, all painted in ultimate black opal. No official word on whether the GT-R SpecV will make it to the United States, but if it does, expect a base price in the six-figure range.

If you would like to see pic they are on autoweeks page.

Let the trash talking happen now!!!!!

Original or specV it's not a super car.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
ibttb

(in before the tranny breaks)

lol, thats sig material right there :lol:

and the V-spec reminds me of the V-tec :pepper:

sigcopypu6.jpg

Last edited:

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
This car will be over $200k to buy. I would seriously question the sanity of anybody who COULD afford to buy one, and actually did.

Users who are viewing this thread