Nintendo For Your Car!!!

What do you think?

• Total voters

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
I wanted to know if you guys have heard any thing about this or used this before it seems like a good idea :idea: they say it will work for mustang. I think its a great idea since its alot smaller and you don't have to use your laptop computer, and WAY BETTER than the predator tuner (as far as A/F goes) because you can mount it any where you please and it won't look ugly (you can't do that with a predator tuner) :burnout:

just click here http://www.turboxs.com/ :coolman:

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I have seen it before but I wouldn't buy it before a predator just because it has not been proven on our cars.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Unless that is very sensitive, shouldn't the computer be able to react faster to knock than you as a human?

For what the knocklite costs, it seems you would be better putting that money towards a data logger.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
I have the knocklite installed on my car. I have it all wired up but you need an external knock sensor knock sensor for it. I bought a used one off EBAY for $8. I have the sensor now, I just need to get the proper pigtail\connector for it, run one wire to the lite, and one to ground. There looks to be a good spot to mount the sensor under the exhaust manifold on either side of the block. There is a nice tapped boss there.. just have to find a bolt with the correct thread. I will have a full write up on it in a couple weeks once I get it all squared away. I used the Raptor shift light install instructions to wire it up.

The only thing that kind of bugged me about the knocklite is that since I don't have the knock sensor hooked up yet, the knock indicator is blinking all the time, so its a little annoying.

TurboXS stuff is pretty nice. I have alot of experience with it from my Subaru days. If you have a WBC or a Innovate wideband (LC-1 or XD-1) in your car, you should be able to use the knocklite and log knock along w\ AFR and RPM.

Ashley

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
lemosley01 said:
Unless that is very sensitive, shouldn't the computer be able to react faster to knock than you as a human?

For what the knocklite costs, it seems you would be better putting that money towards a data logger.

The 03\04 cobra has no knock sensor.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
The 03\04 cobra has no knock sensor.

And this was posted in the New Edge forum - we still have knock sensors.

If Ford removed the knock sensor on the 03/04, they must have had a reason. I believe I've heard that the noise from the blower would set it off, so they had to remove it? :shrug:

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
well the reason I put this in the new edge forum is because I might do the knock light and may be look into the other a/f software :beer:

it just sounds like a good idea :burnout:

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
If you have a knock sensor, this will be really easy to setup. I would suggest getting it, as it also doubles as a shift light. It is nice to know when your car is knocking so you know if you need to adjust your tune or not.

Users who are viewing this thread