Nino's Mostly Complete Auto Detailing Guide...

spree

Established Member
Pretty good stuff. I personally won't ever use a cotton towel on my car again (MF > Cotton), but that's just me. I'm also really not a big fan of Synthetic Sealants on non-metallic paints.

Also, claying will remove the wax and is the prefered method (instead of Dawn).

Oh, and finally, you might want to invest in a Porter Cable.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
cotton cloths :nono: Use Microfiber and Get a porter cable :idea:

will autopia sue for using their model chic :uh oh: ..... :rockon:

:banana:

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
cotton cloths :nono: Use Microfiber and Get a porter cable :idea:

will autopia sue for using their model chic :uh oh: ..... :rockon:

:banana:

Everyone has their favorites. Cotton works great for me. I have a steady supply of them so that's why I use them. I've used both microfiber and cotton. They both yield the same results. Since the microfiber towels I've seen aren't as big as the cotton ones, I prefer the big cotton ones. :thumbsup:

I also prefer to hand-wax. I know it takes more time and no match for a buffer. Besides, since the car has been babied from day 1, I don't need one (for scratches/swirls). If my car ever gets bad enough to require one, then I borrow one. :thumbsup:

And last, I don't know if they would sue. I suppose they could try, but you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip :) :shrug:

Hehhe, the guide is just that, a guide. There are plenty of ways to get the same job done. I just put what I've seen works for me and for other people I know. Thats all :coolman:

-N

Last edited:

spree

Established Member
NinoAvila said:
I also prefer to hand-wax. I know it takes more time and no match for a buffer. Besides, since the car has been babied from day 1, I don't need one (for scratches/swirls). If my car ever gets bad enough to require one, then I borrow one. :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with applying wax by hand. I do that myself. But a PC/rotary definitely comes in handy for applying swirl remover/paint cleaner/polish.

My car has been babied since day 1 too. It's also my daily driver, and it's also black. Trust me, unless you keep your car in the garage, it does and will continue to get swirls and scratches. Let's not forget that paint oxidizes over time too.

Users who are viewing this thread