Nikon D40 people please help and hurry!!!

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Walmart has a good deal. Wish I would have waited for mine. Awesome camera with tons of pontential but easy enough for simple stuff. I love mine!

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I would go with #1 if I had to, but check out some local camera shops first, they will haggle with you and will give you a better deal a lot of the time along with professional experience.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
I don't have anywhere local... A Wal-Mart but you know how that is! It looks like the lenses are fairly expensive themselves. It seems like the better deal to me since you can get the memory cards fairly affordable now.

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
I was thinking about buying the D60. but I dont know to much about cameras. The reason I want one is for down at the track to take pics of the rear tire or the front coming off the ground. Would that be a good camera to buy? How many pics could they take in a sec?

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
If #1 is the 18-55mm and 55-200mm kit (and I think it is), that's a killer deal. I'd jump on it.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I don't have anywhere local... A Wal-Mart but you know how that is! It looks like the lenses are fairly expensive themselves. It seems like the better deal to me since you can get the memory cards fairly affordable now.

If you don't have anywhere local, go with the one from Target. Memory cards are dirt cheap.

Sapperstang

Established Member
If you don't want to change lenses and have to buy different expensive lenses get something else. We had a D40 but returned it. Much happier with our new Olympus.

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
My Fiance does a TON of photography, and thsat is a killer deal on the D40. We have a D40 and a D60, both excellent SLR cameras. Targets site says the D60 is on sale for $650 and is a 10.2 MP camera, not a kit but a darn good price.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
I went with the deal from Target. It was the 18-55mm lens along with the 55-200mm, after doing some more checking I found it was a pretty good deal. Like someone said the memory cards are cheap anyway. It was tuff unassing that much money for a camera but it looks like something we'll have for a long time and be able to upgrade accordingly. Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread