Night at the track

snakebittin

Established Member
97 Cobra back to the track tonight with its best time ever.Slow by what Im being told but this is all its [email protected] 1.93 60 foot in the 1/8th and [email protected] in the 1/4.Thats all she had 4000 launch 6500 shifts spins then kinda falls for a sec and picks right up.
Mods 4.10,catted xpipe,flowmaster catback,rear upper and lower contol arms,pullies,82mm massair,62mm throttlbody,SCT strategy tune,subframes,275/40/17 nitto drags,lowering springs h/r,bilstein shocks and struts,steeda shifter and rear sway bar.:uh oh:

F8L BYT

Established Member
I wouldnt of even posted this, those numbers are terrible im sorry

driver mod?

That's kind of ruthless :poke:

OP those aren't very good times though at all, What tires are you running? you should easily be trapping ~105ish

94venomV8

Established Member
I wouldnt be too worried about it. Yes it should be running better but nothing to lose sleep over. Just to give you an example, with my old 94 before I turned it to a race car. All it had was 3:55 gears, short throw shifter, borla side exhaust and under drive pullies. With those mods I managed to pull a 13.6 off with a 1.7 60'. You definitely have a better 60' time in it. Concentrate on getting that down to 1.7-1.8 and then just drive it the best you can. I wouldnt care too much about squeezing every tenth out on a stock car.

snakebittin

Established Member
Funny stuff...DRIVERMOD

I drive this thing like I hate it right foot is literally welded to the floor,racking gears like my hand is in a cage with a real Cobra.My previous car was a 94 lt1 z28,it went 7.30 in the 1/8 all day long so its nott me.Tires are Nittos ,I know not the best but I think they offer more real word manners and handle way better than anything else.I used umm all.Im almost ready to sell this snake just so disapointed in the times.Its a better all around car than the z better quality just no nuts!!!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Well my best time is a 13.4 at 104.5 with the mods in my sig. That was with a 2.0 60' on the same tires you're running. I really need to launch better and it'd be a low 13 second car, but I've only gone down the track 3 times so I need practice. Your car is really pretty slow though.. don't know if you'd want to do a compression check, try cleaning your IMRC's, partially clogged cat? Something sounds like it may be up though.

snakebittin

Established Member
Catted xpipe is new only 2000 miles on it tops along with new o2s.Had IMRCs cleaned about a month ago.I think if I keep it the compresion check is next.Anyone know what good numbers should be when I do it?

ZorbaCobra

Μεγάλο πέος
Established Member
Mine were not that great either. It should be noted though in my case I was on the HORRIBLE Summitomo tires and I had to lightly let of the gas down the track and no power-shifting.

60' 2.200
330 6.037
1/8 9.107
mph 81.34
1000 11.725
1/4 13.917
mph 103.00

Mods in sig.

94venomV8

Established Member
Well I wouldnt go selling the car just because it has no nuts, there is obviously something wrong with your times. If you are driving it like you say you are, it has to be the car. The cars with gears are breaking into 13's around here. Actually one of my buddies has a lazer red 98 cobra with a cold air, 4:10s and exhaust ran a 13.7 just the other night. I dont know what is wrong but yours is slower then normal I think.

94venomV8

Established Member
Oh also you could play with your shift points as well, I know you said you shift at 6500 but maybe try going a little higher with it and see what happens, if it doesnt make a difference then try going a little lower, maybe your car is dropping power up top so shifting sooner would help. IDK just trying to help, normally these cars like RPM, just mess around and see what you get.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
car is running ok in the 60 foot but the eights mph may be a little low, but it really seems to be falling off on the top end with the mph.

When did you last change the plugs.

ratfinkron

Established Member
I would def. check out little things like plugs, wires, ect. and find a local tuner cause sometimes out of the box tunes can hurt your performance depending on mods. Been there too!

snakebittin

Established Member
OK Guys

What plugs do you guys use?What is best gap?I have a fresh set of 9mm Ford Racing wires ready to go in.Any one know of someone I can use for a tunein the Buffalo area or elswere???Plugs were changed in the spring but its cheap so I will do it when I change the wires.

harvboi05

Established Member
kennedy dyno tune seems to be the choice around here. i dont have any personal experience tho.

bald turbo freak can do it for ya too. hes kinda local to us, and got a ton of SCT experience.. i used his dyno when getting my car going and he helped me out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread