Nice vid of space from Hubble

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Awesome video. Sounds kinda cheezy, but in the big scheme of things, the time we are on this planet is like 1 second in comparison to the age of the universe.

Sklander

Established Member
Looking at that makes me think that probability alone says there are other intelligent beings somewhere. The Universe is unimaginably big and they are starting to think that there are an infinite number of universes too.

What was there before the big bang?

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
RedZoomer said:
Awesome. Almost frustrates me to know that I'll never really be able to understand how large the universe really is.
Welcome to the futility of a NASA dudes job:rolling:

03DOHC

Established Member
Cool, but it doesn't make me feel small like the text says. I view it as feeling larger than life instead of feeling smaller since Human science powered by the mind is what allowed us to see that view.

RedZoomer said:
Awesome. Almost frustrates me to know that I'll never really be able to understand how large the universe really is.
That's why we use abstractions.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Seeing stuff like this is so god damn interesting for me. I'm going back to College next semester, and I'm switching my major to astronomy and the like. I might as well persue a career that I love!

King$nake

Banned
....and all of those gigantic/scientifically unexplainable galactic solar systems evolved from a small dot, the size of a pin-point, billions and billions of years ago......

:bored:

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
King$nake said:
....and all of those gigantic/scientifically unexplainable galactic solar systems evolved from a small dot, the size of a pin-point, billions and billions of years ago......

:bored:
Only because God made it happen that way ;) UH OH, did I just say that?

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
I love photography, space photography is just ridiculous. FOUR MONTHS? My pictures get blurry over 1/50th at 80mm, I can't imaging four months = )

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
Thats pretty awesome. I'm trying to find the site where they have some high-res pics that are insanely detailed and what not. Can't find it though

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
WireEater said:
Please let's not turn this one into a religion thread....

It is very damn cool to wonder what is really out there.
Ya, I know. Just playin......either way, its way cool.

Users who are viewing this thread