Nice car for a good price on ebay

sdfrog177

Established Member
Thanks guys for the comments, I will post some pics soon. I have wanted one of these things for a long time. One of the coolest steeds built by ford in my opinion.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
sdfrog177 said:
Thanks guys for the comments, I will post some pics soon. I have wanted one of these things for a long time. One of the coolest steeds built by ford in my opinion.

i was going to offer mine in a trade for your R, lol. if you're going down I-5 north, stop by my place, its right off the 5 in Santa ana. love to see.

sdfrog177

Established Member
1BAD93SVT said:
i was going to offer mine in a trade for your R, lol. if you're going down I-5 north, stop by my place, its right off the 5 in Santa ana. love to see.
The drive up would be a little brutal in the R, in the 93 cobra However would be no problem. Its going to be real late on my way back to SD, im driving straight through 6 hours up and 6 or so back. I will have both the R and the 93 at Knotts this year.

sdfrog177

Established Member
Few pics of the new steed. You guys think its worth the 12.8 I paid?
1993cobra005.jpg
[/IMG]
1993cobra004.jpg
[/IMG]
1993cobra002.jpg
[/IMG]
1993cobra001.jpg
[/IMG]

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Wow ..... that looks great! A very nice buy and well worth the change you paid. Do have any info on the wheels? (aftermarket or factory chromed). You should post up a couple pics of the R too ..... would love to see :beer:

stangbear427

Established Member
sdfrog177 said:
What I need is garagage space. Someone is going to steal the 85. I just knocked 3k off my asking price, if it doesnt sell its going into storage. Driving up Saturday morning to pic up the 93. :rockon:

More info on the '85? Pics?

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
UWISSSH said:
. The only thing that would scare me would be the front bumper repaint.

Why?

I had my whole car repainted because of paint chips on the nose piece and side skirts. There was nothing wrong with paint on my car other than those items. Had them do the whole car because I was afraid the paint may not match since it was 10 yrs old at the time

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Because nobody can paint a bumper cover and have it as durable as the factory paint (this is a fact), and unless you spend big money on a real quality job including complete tear down, repaints will almost always come back to haunt you later.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Because nobody can paint a bumper cover and have it as durable as the factory paint (this is a fact),.

For some reason I gotta a kick out of the statement.

We will agree to disagree with that statement. I have never owned a car with an OEM paint job that would be more durable than a good paint job from a body shop.

Just the orange peel look alone on most cars from the OEM is enough to need new paint job to me.

don't get me started on the dry spray/rough texture that is on the back of every ford produced (or so it seems)

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I'm not talking about orange peel. Ford wins that one hands down. I'm talking about durability on the bumper covers themselves.

Repainted bumper covers crack, peel, and chip a LOT easier than the OEM stuff. I agree the OEM paint may not look just as good, but it'll last longer (on the bumper covers).

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Looks good! Wonder why they cut the a/c hose? Everything else looks original under the hood. The last owner must have been a small guy 'cause the seat sure doesn't look like it's got 67k on it!

Better get used to entertaining a million questions about the wheels. My last Cobra had those wheels and I couldn't go anywhere without someone asking where I got them, how much, blah blah blah. Thing was, they were on the car when I got it so I never had anything to tell them.

sdfrog177

Established Member
tunedin302 said:
Wow ..... that looks great! A very nice buy and well worth the change you paid. Do have any info on the wheels? (aftermarket or factory chromed). You should post up a couple pics of the R too ..... would love to see :beer:
1993mustangcobrapics001.jpg
[/IMG]
1993mustangcobrapics008.jpg
[/IMG]
1993mustangcobrapics003.jpg
[/IMG]
1993mustangcobrapics004.jpg
[/IMG]
1993mustangcobrapics001.jpg
[/IMG]
Pulled off a wheel and they are factory. I dont know when or who chromed them however. :rockon:

sdfrog177

Established Member
UWISSSH said:
Looks good! Wonder why they cut the a/c hose? Everything else looks original under the hood. The last owner must have been a small guy 'cause the seat sure doesn't look like it's got 67k on it!

Better get used to entertaining a million questions about the wheels. My last Cobra had those wheels and I couldn't go anywhere without someone asking where I got them, how much, blah blah blah. Thing was, they were on the car when I got it so I never had anything to tell them.
I spent all day yesterday going over the car. That was one of the mysterious things I found. Of course with any car thats 14 years old with some miles on it is going to have some weird things going on. It needs new rubber,shocks,struts,subframes,offset rack bushing,full tune and a better exhaust. Thats about all I am going to do to it for now. Looks like I am the 3rd owner. The guy I got it from bought it in 2000 and put less than 7k on it durring the time he owned it. 50 Y/0 guy.

Users who are viewing this thread