NHMC Father's Day show

dark_cobra_01

Established Member
Take The R Dave !!

Ya gotta give these guys a challenge just like ya did to me for years on end... Besides I'm not worried because I'm not in that class .. LOL

ED : "Can't see your loss from my house"

-DC

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Wish I could go Dave, you could bring your MM too and mine would be right there next to yours. With that nice new shiny "hair dryer" under the hood. :D

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Rain sucks :fm:

Not even going to bother setting my alarm clock..

Might take a ride up in the truck, might take the MM... depends on the roads in the morning.

gtmustang00

Established Member
no rain here, sprinkled a little bit a few hours ago. i live by the nashua airport, 5 minutes from the show.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
Ended up going around 11:30. Was cloudy and cold.

Show was okay. The Super Snake Shelby is amazing looking!!

The classes kinda sucked. To them the 05+modded class ment custom look. All show class pretty much. Oh well though.

Best part of the day was when a guy asked me: "how does it feel knowing you can beat those gt500's over there."

That made me smile.

TheCat033

"The Green Monster"
Established Member
was a good show for the weather scaring alot of people away. the only thing I thought was a little iffy was the fact that the people who were running the show were winning awards. hell the guy announcing the winners even presented himself with a trophy, lol, but seriously it was always my thought that when you put on a show you keep your members seperate and allow others to win, but oh well...

I ended up taking home third in the Bullitt/Mach 1 class. Like Skeeter said they were mostly concerned with show rather than go, but it was an all around good show, prob would of been awesome had it been a nicer day

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
the only thing I thought was a little iffy was the fact that the people who were running the show were winning awards. hell the guy announcing the winners even presented himself with a trophy, lol, but seriously it was always my thought that when you put on a show you keep your members seperate and allow others to win, but oh well...

Of course some of the club members are going to win. There were A LOT of members in attendance.

:shrug:

TheCat033

"The Green Monster"
Established Member
Hence the term "CAR SHOW"

right.....but Skeeter's car had by far the most mods in his class (obvioulsy 90% of them are power mods), but GT's with an intake, exhaust and alot of chrome beat him. I would of rather seen those cars go into the "personalized" 05+ category, than the 05+ modified.

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
I actually planned on attending this show. Stupid rain. Whens the next show? PJ we gotta meet up soon.

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
right.....but Skeeter's car had by far the most mods in his class (obvioulsy 90% of them are power mods), but GT's with an intake, exhaust and alot of chrome beat him. I would of rather seen those cars go into the "personalized" 05+ category, than the 05+ modified.

The car that took 2nd place is seriously modded for performance and show. It has a Saleen s/c and puts down 475 to the rear wheels. Everyone was dazzled by the blue one with it's chrome and air suspension that dropped the fenders down on to the wheels. When you have a peer judged show, you are going to get people who don't care or understand the difference between personalized and modified. That's why it's important to pimp your votes on the show field...so people will understand why you think your car should stand out.

dark_cobra_01

Established Member
I have to agree with those who know about how the visual presentation affects the classes and those who place.. I've known some guys making BIG HP that don't place because of the "eye candy" factor just not being there..

Just look at the Lambo Door SN-95 Cobra with the, custom dash, mirrored engine bay, etc etc etc from last Sunday... I've watched the couple who own it win top honors year after year at tons of shows including FFW.. That car is a perfect example even though I consider it over the top for even me..

That's my .02 cents from what seems like an infinitly long time on the show scene.. It will not change even with expanded classes..

Users who are viewing this thread