NHMC Father's Day show

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
every single car show is subjective......its all based on personal preference.

I do believe this show was peer judged, so it was about as subjective as you can get. That's the risk you take when going to these events......you just never know what appeals to certain people.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I was out voted by a stock 94/95....not worried a bit about it. Just go and enjoy the day, thats all that matters.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
was a good show for the weather scaring alot of people away. the only thing I thought was a little iffy was the fact that the people who were running the show were winning awards. hell the guy announcing the winners even presented himself with a trophy, lol, but seriously it was always my thought that when you put on a show you keep your members seperate and allow others to win, but oh well...

I ended up taking home third in the Bullitt/Mach 1 class. Like Skeeter said they were mostly concerned with show rather than go, but it was an all around good show, prob would of been awesome had it been a nicer day

Hi -- I'm one of the Board Members of the NH Mustang Club. Because this show is judged by attendees ("peer judged") rather than by a panel of judges, we allow everyone to enter their cars. It's a popularity contest. Sure, some board members will win, but we don't control the voting -- and ballot counting is done by random volunteers. I helped count ballots yesterday -- and of the 12 people counting, only two were board members. Plus there were a couple of counters who weren't even club members. So it truly is about as "democratic" as you can get. Ballot counting is completely open, so next year, (or at our Funspot Show this September) try volunteering to count ballots, that way you can see how it works. (We make announcements asking for ballot counters over the PA.)

BTW: We also run the car show at Tasca Day at NED in late September -- in that one the Club board members act as the judges, so our cars are NOT entered in the show.

I was at the tent when you pulled up -- that is one sick car, dude. Very Sweet!

TheCat033

"The Green Monster"
Established Member
Hi -- I'm one of the Board Members of the NH Mustang Club. Because this show is judged by attendees ("peer judged") rather than by a panel of judges, we allow everyone to enter their cars. It's a popularity contest. Sure, some board members will win, but we don't control the voting -- and ballot counting is done by random volunteers. I helped count ballots yesterday -- and of the 12 people counting, only two were board members. Plus there were a couple of counters who weren't even club members. So it truly is about as "democratic" as you can get. Ballot counting is completely open, so next year, (or at our Funspot Show this September) try volunteering to count ballots, that way you can see how it works. (We make announcements asking for ballot counters over the PA.)

BTW: We also run the car show at Tasca Day at NED in late September -- in that one the Club board members act as the judges, so our cars are NOT entered in the show.

I was at the tent when you pulled up -- that is one sick car, dude. Very Sweet!

Well that does make more sense to me now.....I thought it was a great show btw, and will definately be back next year. :beer:

Thanks for the compliment too, I saw your cobra adjacent to us, looked sweet :rockon:

dark_cobra_01

Established Member
The father's day show rocks because when the weather cooperates.. It gets Packed with so much variety.. Of course I mean more than Mustangs.

And at least KITT made it out in the rain, of course everyone (including me) told him it was time to upgrade to a KR and loose the Pontiac. LOL

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
im deff in for the Funspot show...nice ride...old skool video games....just an all around great place to have a show!

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
The car that took 2nd place is seriously modded for performance and show. It has a Saleen s/c and puts down 475 to the rear wheels. Everyone was dazzled by the blue one with it's chrome and air suspension that dropped the fenders down on to the wheels. When you have a peer judged show, you are going to get people who don't care or understand the difference between personalized and modified. That's why it's important to pimp your votes on the show field...so people will understand why you think your car should stand out.

A side note. yours looked beautiful!

You can say the same for mine then. I'm serious modded pushing about 100 more then that one.

But its true, its about looks. I am very plain and clean looking. Fancy chrome and emblems saying your car isn't what it is to me is a joke. Personally.

I did like the show don't get me wrong but personally, I don't think a club that is putting on a show should be allowed to win. Even if it viewers choice awards. It has nothing to do with me not winning. Not at all. I say this about many shows.

Do not take this as a knocking of anything. Just my opinion. I would love to go next year but I will be in Iraq

Last edited:

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
yeah but its like putting on a show for yourself. Thats just like Blackout putting on a show and only BOR guys win. Wouldn't be fair. I mean, show your car but being judged isn't fair i think. its like your spending your own money or your month member dues as most clubs have on yourself.

NHMC- please don't take this as an insult. I respect you guys very much just like anyone else. Just my own thought.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
I totally get what you're saying but here's my opinion on it (and I'm not an NHMC member and still won in my class)...

1. You can't eliminate club members. NHMC has over 200 members and alot of guys don't get to the smaller events or cruise nights. It's nice to see all your friends. This is like Mustang New Year's to some of us!!
2. It is peer judged but there were also two seperate ballots so you couldn't vote for yourself.
3. If an NHMC member has put in the time to modify, detail, and present a beautiful car, then why shouldn't people vote for that car?? Non-Members had to vote as well, so it wasn't just members voting for each other.
4. Spend time next to your car, sometimes people really don't know what you have done to it and once they realize how much is done to the car. they may appreciate it more.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
I did spend some time next to mine.

I really doesn't bother me that i didn't win. Just a trophy.

I see what your saying but with the 200 members, only a few ran the show. Then instead of me saying non should be let in, then the ones running the show shouldn't be allowed.

Biggest problem I had is that I came wicked late and 90% of the voting was done. Oh well.

Enough on this. See ya at the next show bud.:beer:

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
I see what your saying but with the 200 members, only a few ran the show. Then instead of me saying non should be let in, then the ones running the show shouldn't be allowed.

Normally they are in the "Display Only" section, but I think alot of them entered the show to fill in because of the weather.

Now let's go kick some Corvette owner's wrinkled old asses this weekend!!!

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
yeah but its like putting on a show for yourself. Thats just like Blackout putting on a show and only BOR guys win. Wouldn't be fair. I mean, show your car but being judged isn't fair i think. its like your spending your own money or your month member dues as most clubs have on yourself.

NHMC- please don't take this as an insult. I respect you guys very much just like anyone else. Just my own thought.

No insult taken.

I understand what you're saying. I think if the weather had been better, we wouldn't be having this discussion. We had 111 cars enter the show (which was amazing considering the rain) but if it had been sunny we would have had 350+, which would have diluted the number of members who won. And yes, I think the people who "worked" the show (like myself) only entered their cars to fill up the field. I arrived almost 2 hours after the show opened and I was only car #23. At this show there are usually a line of cars in front of the main tent that are display only. This year I think there was one.

By the way, for anyone who's interested, the winners if each class will be posted on our website in the next couple of days.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good time, thanks for coming! And to anyone that helped out -- thanks very much!

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
we all have different opinions on this. Was just stating mine.

langod- thanks for understanding.

But like LILBLKSNAKE said, lets kick the corvettes asses!!

dark_cobra_01

Established Member
I'm ready for killin the vettes to (in a different way than what I witnessed Sunday) ...

I''ll be pullin the rims off once we're in the clear on this t'storm shite to start the finite detailing of my under carriage for judging.

Users who are viewing this thread