NGK TR71X spark plugs

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone using these in their GT500? I have Brisk plugs now and they're fine, but I know iridium lasts longer. Anyone have luck with these?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
If you dont mind me asking.....What brisk plug you using and what RWHP and boost you putting out. The reason im asking is because im about to install the brisk BR-GR-10S in my 2013 super snake as recommended per brisk. Hoping to get alittle more performance from them but not to many ppl use them that i know. Im around 785RWHP 16-17lbs boost. Ive heard nothing but good things about ppl using the NGK TR7IX in 2013-14 Gt500's.

SCALILOU

Established Member
If you dont mind me asking.....What brisk plug you using and what RWHP and boost you putting out. The reason im asking is because im about to install the brisk BR-GR-10S in my 2013 super snake as recommended per brisk. Hoping to get alittle more performance from them but not to many ppl use them that i know. Im around 785RWHP 16-17lbs boost. Ive heard nothing but good things about ppl using the NGK TR7IX in 2013-14 Gt500's.

I'm at 16psi with a Kenne Bell 2.8, around 650rwhp on 91 pump. Kenne Bell recommended the tr6 spark plugs, but they idled rough. I had brisk in my last Kenne Bell gt500 and they work well. But I've also heard good things about the TR71X as in longevity, so I was curious about anyone's experiences with them.

SCALILOU

Established Member
I'm using the gr14ys plugs

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm at 16psi with a Kenne Bell 2.8, around 650rwhp on 91 pump. Kenne Bell recommended the tr6 spark plugs, but they idled rough. I had brisk in my last Kenne Bell gt500 and they work well. But I've also heard good things about the TR71X as in longevity, so I was curious about anyone's experiences with them.

From what I hear alot ppl are using the TR71X and really like them. They will most definitely last longer than brisk plugs.

Willie

Established Member
I've been using #3691 (TR8IX) for about ten years. They are two steps colder than stock. Currently configured at 21 psig with the largest pulley available. If I decide to go smaller in the future, the plugs should still be fine.

XP900

Established Member
Switched to them from the BR7EF after getting tired of replacing them every 3k due to poor idling and massive misfires, regardless of the plug gap...still have quite a few sets. Tried Autolite and Motorcraft platinum too but seemed to have rougher idling.

Switched to the TR7IX and have more than 10K on a set. Idling may be slightly rougher than the copper but no more poor performance after a few thousand and no noticeable misfires at high rpms. At 18 lbs and gap is .030 instead of .028 to try keep any idling misfires to a minimum. My max rpm is 6500.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Switched to them from the BR7EF after getting tired of replacing them every 3k due to poor idling and massive misfires, regardless of the plug gap...still have quite a few sets. Tried Autolite and Motorcraft platinum too but seemed to have rougher idling.

Switched to the TR7IX and have more than 10K on a set. Idling may be slightly rougher than the copper but no more poor performance after a few thousand and no noticeable misfires at high rpms. At 18 lbs and gap is .030 instead of .028 to try keep any idling misfires to a minimum. My max rpm is 6500.
The BR7EF do wear fast especially if you actually drive the car. I say 2k-5k replacements.

einehund

Established Member
Little late to the discussion but been running them in all boosted cars for years. 20psi gapped at .028 in the GT500, 25psi gapped the same in the Focus ST.

Users who are viewing this thread