NGK TR6 4177??? Do they work for a 96 cobra?

LSWHAT??

I picked up some NGK TR6's tonight as I plan on running more than a 75 shot in the near future. The guy didn't even wait for me to tell him what car I had before he ran back and grabbed me two boxes of part #4177....... I hope they are the right ones because nobody in Greeley has them and I just happened to be in Denver so I picked some up. I realize the TR6 plug is different from the stock Tr55 heat range but is there a difference in the threads etc that won't allow them to work in our cars?

Please help me out if you know whether or not they work in a 96 cobra, and if the gap is different than stock I would appreciate that also.

LSWHAT??

Right on, well that is what the guy grabbed immediately before he knew what kind of car I had so it got me a little worried! Thanks for the help white98snake, if anyone else can chime in and confirm part number 4177 and what gap to run them at I would be greatful.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
yes those are the right plugs to run with the nitrous and you dont need to gap them, they come ready.

LSWHAT??

Sweet, thanks b dub! You never know about some of the people working at the part stores, just wanted to make sure.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
in fact i can assure you some more, i just got done putting a set of those EXACT plugs in my buddys 99 cobra about 5 hours ago, and we just got back from racing it. we did really poor though since we dont have the heater hooked up yet and were running low bottle pressure. damn those LS1's are fast!!!

LSWHAT??

Well that definitely makes me feel better, real world knowledge is the best kind. Don't worry about the LS1's, get a blanket on that ho and go back and try again!

Users who are viewing this thread