nGauge mounting pics

Kel

Established Member
Getting ready to pull the trigger here and wanted to see some pics of how you guys mount/preference for locating the nGauge in the cockpit along with any comments/feedback. TIA.

Kel

RangerDLA

Established Member
91031864d8bd8f72cb0eaeb34ccb052e.jpg

I love it. It's awesome and easy to use.

Naste50

Established Member
Mine has a two prong mount. Because of that, I can't feed the wire through one of the holes making my suction cup mount basically useless. Am I doing something wrong? If it was a 1 prong mount, I could use the other hole to feed the wire through. Does anyone have pictures of the back where the Ngauge is mounted to the suction cup?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered the Lund nGauge, I'll be installing it inside the A/C, as soon as I have it installed I'll post pictures.

Kel

Established Member
Thanks, RangerDLA, good pics and very nice car/combo there! Please do post pics when you can, gathering the info so as to "measure twice, cut once" :).

Black13GT500 - how hard is it to see the gauge mounted in the vent when you're driving? Does look factory that way also...any huge restriction on your A/C or vent air flow otherwise?

Poisonous West

Established Member
I have installed the nGauge in the EXACT same location and SAME manner just like Black13 GT500 – the gauge display visibility is VERY POOR. Trust me on this one – I tried it before and just do NOT work. Don’t wastes your time.

The nGauge will ALWAYS face toward the window due to the curvature of the dash panel where the vent opening located and the driver would have a hard time reading the nGauge in driving position.

In addition, when the sunlight is shining on the display screen, you would NOT see anything at all.

This is how I installed my nGauge into the vent on my 11 GT500.

I tried using ONLY the Roush vent pot but it did NOT work well. So I add an angle gauge ring that came with a gauge I previously bought. As you can see in the pictures, the angle ring gives an additional 20 more degree so I can orient the nGauge MORE directly to the driver while driving. The angle ring ID is 2-1/16. It came from a 2-1/16 gauge that I bought few months ago. What I did is I cut some 3M thin double side tape to mount the nGauge to the angle ring. Then use duct tape to secure the angle ring to the Roush vent pod - the duct tape is applied INSIDE of the Roush vent pod so it's hidden. It came out pretty nice. Hope this help

Capture-5.JPG

Capture-6.JPG

Capture-7.JPG

black13 gt500

Established Member
yes as Poisonous West its not that good during the day with the sun on it. I think at night its not terrible to see. I like the suction cup the best for easy viewing. AC is not as strong

dennisdiecast

Established Member
I played around with the suction cup a little tonight and this is what I came up with...

20160407_193820.jpg

20160407_193843.jpg

Cut a small part of the bracket that clips on to the casing of the nGauge in order to pass the cable through

20160407_193928.jpg

20160407_194127.jpg
I ended up passing the wire through the vent going down to the ODB port. Hope this helps anyone looking to use the window mounting option.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I got my nGauge installed today. So far I really like it, I love the display screen. I still need figure more of it out, but so far its defiantly better than SCT.
I mounted mine in the A/C vent, But I put double sided tap around the hole gauge so I angled it towards me.

Homer Jay

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread