Ngauge and Lund Tune Review

thehunterooo

Established Member
Ngauge and Lund Tune Review

Been holding off on tuning and other engine mods for my auto 15 GT for a while but decided to finally get a tune. I did not think a tune would make much difference but I was quite wrong. You always see those silly posts and claims that an intake pipe can add 30hp or a catback can even more but of course that is most likely not the case. I always felt the same way with tunes as it seemed people would exaggerate the power of a tune just like their butt dyno with a new air filter.

I picked up an Ngauge from Team Beefcake (thank you for the fast shipping!) and Lund tune. The process was very quick and I got the tuner and tune in on the day. This was my first experience buying and tuning a car and it basically boiled down to copying and pasting the file, it was that easy.

The Ngauge itself is a nice piece, the screen is a good size and the touchscreen is responsive. The only thing that has cropped up is the glare from the sun makes the screen hard to read a times, not a huge deal but if I have to pick something out there it is. At night the screen is bright and easy to read. It feels like a solid unit and can mount into one of the center AC vents if wanted.

As for the tune, WOW. The first tune right out the gate seems to be pretty darn good, the limiter was moved to 7750 and the shifts are super strong now. I was not expecting a whole lot but now I am spinning 1-2 and 2-3 rarely happened before. The car feels completely different and I can see what people mean now. The car is just nasty now and makes the stock tune look very weak.

Overall I am extremely pleased with both the tune and Ngauge. There are always warranty issues to consider but I was tired of waiting and took the dive. Well worth the money. Again I would always weigh in on the warranty but otherwise it would be one of the top mods on my list.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Wow nice, you still in stock injectors reving that high?

Yeah stock everything I think it is suggested to upgrade the injectors when running E85 though if it is just a tune. I think most tunes are set at 7200-7400ish, I know in sport mode it will shift at around there since the power starts to drop off just past 7000~ with the stock manifold. The 2018 GT has a stock limiter of 7500 now though there were a lot of changes with the gen 3 engine. After going past 7k I couldn't even imagine going to 8250 on a GT350 it would never stop haha

Shane361

Very Nice! I also have a Comp Orange GT with an auto an it's a beast with the Nguage and Lund tune. Running Procharger, full exhaust, injectors with this set-up as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread