NFL to announce suspensions for hits

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5701512"]NFL to announce suspensions for 'head shots' - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5702113@@AMEPARAM@@5702113[/ame]

what a joke. it's now clear that the nfl is run by a group of prancing fairies that carry glittered anal lube in quick release holsters.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
You're kidding right? Desean's hit was awful, he's going probably going to miss two weeks. Merriweather's hit, which he used his head, should be suspended. You hit with your shoulder pads and use your arms to tackle, that's the fundamentals of football.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Well the NFL should start by suspending their refs who fail to call helmet to helmet hits. 4 games this year the NFL has sent an letter to the Packers stating that the refs failed to call a helmet to helmet foul on the other team. And the player gets fined after that fact.

2 weeks ago it gave Rodgers a concussion. This last game it chipped two of his teeth. Now this guy is the QB and the ref was moved into the backfield yet they fail to see the personal foul roughing the passer hits?

The NFL needs to worry about the bags of shit they place in stripes every week to officiate games!

VPF

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
You're kidding right? Desean's hit was awful, he's going probably going to miss two weeks. Merriweather's hit, which he used his head, should be suspended. You hit with your shoulder pads and use your arms to tackle, that's the fundamentals of football.

Clean hit. If you want to blame anyone for D-Jax's injury, blame Kolb.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
You hit with your shoulder pads and use your arms to tackle, that's the fundamentals of football.

Yeah, and you can still **** shit up diving at someone with your shoulder pads. :rolling:

[youtube_browser]QHuN2Vqneqs[/youtube_browser]

Skip to the 1:10 mark. :rockon:

Last edited:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
The NHL has been pussified, now its the NFL's turn.

Headshots need to be policed but how can you ask players to pull up on a hit.

popeye010

Established Member
I dont think suspensions are right but some of these guys are lining up these hits from 22-30' away. This isn't the forums where a great beheading really makes the day. Everyone likes to see a good hit, hell some of those video's are best sellers, just keep it clean.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
they should only protect the elite. peyton, brady, etc. desean is a punk on a shit team, he should be fair game.

really though, just let them play the game, football is violent and needs to stay violent. protect the qb's and thats it. hell even the kicker should get ****ed up.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
thats ****ing stupid. who says what a "devestating hit" is? i see this getting out of hand, and ratings dropping. this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

it figures the *** in the purple ties agrees with this rule. what a pansy with his pink shirt and faggy purple tie

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
ok guys lets go out there and give 75% remember dont try to make the other guy fumble. that might hurt a little. let give it not quite our best out there guys

i played football. its a rough sport but thats the sport and i broke my knee, but those four years of football was the most fun i have ever had. its a great sport and these liberal ass pansies are going to ruin the game. whats next, touch football? flag? oh i know, we can pretend to hit like finger guns...bang your tackled!

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Mark my words.... In 20 Years Football will be what boxing is now. A dying, if not dead sport, with almost no elite athletes.

Parents NOW are starting to not let their kids play because of the danger, and only more and more studies are coming out about the LONG term effects of playing.

BUt on a side note did anybody see the Seahawks punter get smoked on Hesters return! :eek: ouch.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Sound fundamental tackling is gone in football. These are the days of highlight hits and Sportscenter films. Tackling is a lost art form and the NFL let it happen a long time ago

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Also, look at the poor kid from Rutgers, think his kids (if he does, or can have any) will play football?? I think not.

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
Sound fundamental tackling is gone in football. These are the days of highlight hits and Sportscenter films. Tackling is a lost art form and the NFL let it happen a long time ago

there is nothing wrong with highlight hits. had the TV not been invented they would still do it. they are trying their best to hit the other players and hopefully cause a fumble.

i am very disappointed in this. this is the beginning of the end for football

ViciousJay

Established Member
im done watching sports and playing FF and all that crap, seriously these guys get paid MILLIONS to go out and throw their bodies on the line. the sad part is whether they get a concussion or not more then half can barely sign their names on the dotted line (this isnt racist either because we all know football players get breaks at school, white, black, whatever)

Planter

Banned
yeah well get a load of these 2 douchebags. This is why the league is going to start suspending players and continue fining them.

I was listening to Colin Cowherd on Sirius radio yesterday and they were interviewing Mike Ditka, who said that the players were using their helmets as a "weapon" out there. He said the helmets have gotten heavy with all the safety features in them and the design and the padding inside them.

I remember playing my freshman year in high school, and my helmet had the inflatable crap in the liner, and I recall that thing being pretty darn heavy (god that was 16 years ago...seems not so long ago, lol).

James Harrison and Brandon Meriweather's comments won't help them | ProFootballTalk.com

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 18, 2010 4:27 PM ET
Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather and Steelers linebacker James Harrison figured to be fined at the very least for their hits on Sunday.

The question, in the wake of the NFL's statements on helmet-to-helmet hits on Monday, is whether they will be suspended. Meriweather and Harrison's comments indicate that may be the only way to change their behavior.

"I was playing aggressive and something happened," Meriweather said on WEEI Monday via the Boston Herald. "I'm going to be aggressive. Point blank. I won't change my game, period. I'm sorry it happened."

Meriweather went on to say he's friends with Ravens tight end Todd Heap, the player he hit. They spoke after the game.

"It's football. You've got a lot of good players, where you think one thing, and another thing can happen in a split-second," Meriweather said. "My split-second decision was to be aggressive and not wait for it."

Harrison, meanwhile, is taking heat for knocking out Browns wideout Mohammad Massaquoi. The NFL confirmed to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Harrison's hit that knocked out Josh Cribbs was legal, but they are reviewing the Massaquoi hit.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said the hits were clean after the game. So did Harrison.

"I'm not worried about getting fined on that. Not at all," Harrison said via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "If I get fined on that, it's got to be a travesty. They didn't call [penalties on] that. There's no way I can be fined."

Harrison was unapologetic in comments distributed by the Associated Press.

"I don't want to injure anybody," Harrison said. "There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured. You get hurt, you shake it off and come back the next series or the next game. I try to hurt people."

This isn't a black and white issue. Steelers safety Ryan Clark hits upon some of the gray matter.

"I think sometimes people react to the highlights of the hit instead of the actual way the hit was applied," Clark said. "They look at the after-effects, 'Oh, this guy's knocked out, it must be dirty.' That's not necessarily true."

We agree that the result of the play often dictates the attention it gets. Some "dirty" hits are never noticed because everyone turns out fine. But that doesn't mean the NFL should ignore the issue. The league has to attempt to take care of the players, because players have demonstrated they won't take care of themselves.

They will play through concussions. They will attack with their helmets and worry about the consequences later. Harrison was asked if he ever fears for his own noggin, considering his playing style.

"Nah, I'm not worried about it," he said. "That's part of the risk that you take."

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
there is nothing wrong with highlight hits. had the TV not been invented they would still do it. they are trying their best to hit the other players and hopefully cause a fumble.

Wrong! Highlight hits are the purest form of incorrect tackling. Most of these hits are leading with a head down and the player putting himself at risk for injury. The days of squaring up the shoulders and driving through a guy with your head up in the right position is gone. Go to any Pop Warner, high school and college, they are still teaching fundamental tackling.

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
tahts fine, but they get paid millions to do this and put thier body on the line. i think some hard hits are in order. you want flag football, go to peewee

Users who are viewing this thread