NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3 experience?

SOCOMech

Established Member
I'm wondering from those of you that have gone this route, how is the quality? I've heard some stories that it cuts in and out and it's not exactly HD quality. I was looking at picking up a PS3 for this and to also get Netflix. I was also reading that neither DirecTV nor PSN have officially announced if it's going to be offered on PS3 this year but the word is that it will, it just won't be announced till later this month. (so that DirecTV can get all the people they can over to their service I'm sure) Thanks.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Not NHL but I've had the NHL Center Ice package for the last two years through the PS3 and its been great. I have Verizon FIOS and its really good quality.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
The audio and picture quality can leave a bit to be desired, but as long as you have a good steady connection, it sure beats the Hell out of not being able to watch. I have mlb.tv too, and it suffers from some of the same quality shortfalls for streaming on that platform (not sure if the issues are specific to the PS3 or the service itself though)

I didn't really have any problems with it last year except for Wk1, but that applied to everyone on that service. All early games were unwatchable, but I think they credited us some for that.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
It is the whole reason I bought a ps3 last year. The first week sucked ass but after that we had no problems and that was watching two games a day on it.
So nice to be able to watch our teams from home and not have to go to a bar to see them play.

SOCOMech

Established Member
It is the whole reason I bought a ps3 last year. The first week sucked ass but after that we had no problems and that was watching two games a day on it.
So nice to be able to watch our teams from home and not have to go to a bar to see them play.

How do you switch between games? Does it show a list on the screen or something and you pick which game to watch? Are you able to flip back and forth between games as if using a tv remote or do you have to exit out of a game and into a new one?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

BlueSnake01

Established Member
As tempting as this sounds, its $300+!!!!!!
$50 more if you already have it on DirecTV.
Right now the NFL Sunday ticket is at $200 I believe.

Quik Z06

Established Member
I was thinking of trying this out this season. Being about an hour from the bay area we get freakin Niner or Raiders games (being a Cowboys fan) it sux to be stuck watching highlights or streaming it online.

Not worried about the price, just curious as to how it works?

Users who are viewing this thread