Votes: 60 56.6%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 46 43.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
Do you guys agree? I don't, I personally think this list is a joke. To think someone waisted 2 hours of their life and came up with that is laughable. This would be a very hard task, I am not saying that I could do better, but knowing this, I wouldn't have taken this job in the first place unless I was certain I could give something that was presentable.
Having Brady Quinn ranked 37th after playing 1 preseason game? McNab in the #9 after missing much of the season, and when he was in not playing at 100%? If we are going on this season alone, like they state they are, they have got this completly wrong. I do agree with Brady being ahead of Manning, despite being a Colts fan. This season alone, as they are trying to do in their report, Brady is #1. Manning #2 I agree with. Favre #3, I see both sides. #4 Romo, could be changed with Favre. #5 Roethlisberger... I don't know about that.

What would your guys top 5, 10, whatever, look like?

I forgot the poll. It's arguable that Manning and Brady are the best QB's to play the game in recent history. That said, who would you rather have on your team if you were going to build a team around that person. For me it's Manning, it may be some bias, I'll admitt. But honestly, Manning coachs his offense. He picks the play at the line of scrimage, he changes that play as he sees fit. You can't coach what Manning does. Brady is nothing to sneeze at, and don't think I'm trying to take away from him. But Accuracy and Arm strength are taught. It appears that when you throw as many times as the Pats do, you should have those kinds of numbers. I agree with the poll on ESPN that Brady is number one this year, but I don't think overral he is better than Manning. Manning has been doing what Brady is this season for several seasons, it's just Brady has always had a defense to get them that ring (offense wins games, defense wins championships). Brady is very good, I'm not trying to take that away from him, but he's good on a different level than Manning.

edit: forgot to include the link to ESPN, sorry. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=3147842&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Palmer's my boy (even though he hasnt had the greatest last few games)
id probably rate him maybe 7? or something, not sure about the rest of the list though...

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
All these views and only one thing of imput? I thought this list would raise more eyebrows than this...

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Is this just a poll of active quarterbacks for this season or through their entire career? I'd definitely pull Worthlessberger down 10 or 20 slots.

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
Is this just a poll of active quarterbacks for this season or through their entire career? I'd definitely pull Worthlessberger down 10 or 20 slots.

From reading their description, they are going on THIS SEASON alone. They did however mention they are giving some credit to vets and those that havn't played yet.

Invictus

Banned
"25. Rex Grossman
Starter, Chicago Bears
He is wildly inconsistent, slow to process information, turns the ball over too much and tends to play his worst when it matters most -- but starting quarterbacks are hard to find. Grossman is a very good deep thrower and shows toughness to stand in and take the big hit to deliver the ball. He has more than enough arm and still has upside with more refinement. "

lol

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
Yea, Grossman made me laugh too. I like him, being a Florida alum. and all, and honestly don't think it's only his fault for his performance, but he should not be that high.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
lol at David Carr. First overall pick to starter to one of the worst backups in the league. What a bitch.

03vert70charger

Established Member
"25. Rex Grossman
Starter, Chicago Bears
He is wildly inconsistent, slow to process information, turns the ball over too much and tends to play his worst when it matters most -- but starting quarterbacks are hard to find. Grossman is a very good deep thrower and shows toughness to stand in and take the big hit to deliver the ball. He has more than enough arm and still has upside with more refinement. "

lol

Grossman was playing well before he got injured, for what he had at least. He had a terrible running game, terrible defense, terrible offensive line, and his recievers were amoung the leagues worst in regards to dropped passes. But thats my chicago bias talking.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member

Umm... you're an idiot. If it wasn't for him the steelers would have 3 or 4 wins as opposed to nine at this point. I can gaurentee that if tom brady or payton manning were on the steelers team we'd have less wins that we currently do! That's a fact, yeah with great offensive lines they are better pure pocket passers than ben... but when your team has NO offensive line, brady and payton would get absolutely smoked.

People don't like him because he's not the traditional small pansy ass pocket thrower only, ala carson palmer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread