NFL Officiating Petition

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
what they bitchin at? the game wasnt all that bad officiating wise...

NOT like the colts steelers playoff game... THAT one was a joke!

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
"The NFL is fixed"

Seriously, if you don't like it, don't watch it. The officials did just fine and your sorry ass can't handle to lose. Officials are always going to be looked at for the reason a team loses. How about forget the excuses and take the lose like a man. I hope you and your 1695 signatures make a difference. To be honest, how many people watch the superbowl? Like a couple million right? I'm sure your 1695 signatures will do a whole bunch.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
I agree, there were 3 questionable calls... one got overturned by the reffs in seattles favor the other two went towards the steelers.. it was nothing so blatant as in the pittsburgh/colts game.

808GT

Established Member
SB Lightning said:
"The NFL is fixed"

Seriously, if you don't like it, don't watch it. The officials did just fine and your sorry ass can't handle to lose. Officials are always going to be looked at for the reason a team loses. How about forget the excuses and take the lose like a man. I hope you and your 1695 signatures make a difference. To be honest, how many people watch the superbowl? Like a couple million right? I'm sure your 1695 signatures will do a whole bunch.

well if the officials dont make such bad calls (in any game and not just this particular SB game etc), then we dont need to looked at them with a question. every call is critical so they need to do their job 110% right.

stvdman

Established Member
Why compare this game to others???? Shouldnt each game be looked at on its own merits as far as REF/Calls are made. There were some VERY bad calls in this game. A SUPERBOWL outcome should NEVER be questioned due to calls made the refs. I am not saying this one was, but there are plenty of people who are and THAT ISNT GOOD.

I was not rooting for either of the teams this year, but I feel the Seahawks sure got the raw end of the majority of bad/questionable/picky calls made. UNSAT for the premier sports championship game in probably all of the world.

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
there are alot of ppl saying the game was more in favor of the steelers.

the only bad calls i see is when hasselbeck had a blockin call when he tackled.. yet that made no difference as the interception was already thrown.

the push off was just that.. it was a slight pushoff but still you cant do that. the TD by ben was a TD.. he broke the plain.. even if he didnt, they would have gone for it and got it.

the only bad call i see is maybe that holding call that could have gotten seattle to the 1-2 yard line.. even so, stillers still had 2 scores on them, so 1 TD wouldnt matter.

and seatle missed 2 fieldgoals.... stillers should have had 2 more TD's or atleast 1 and a field goal with Ward's drop and bens interception when we were on the 5 or so yard line.

hasslebecks fumble was a fumble.. he got nicked by a hand but stumbled on his own cut back and dove forward cuz the steelers were closing on him. QB's dive or slide, and hasselbeck dove and lost it.

steelers out played them.

MonkeysL

Established Member
i didn't care who won the game but i thought the officiating was terrible and for the steelers on numerous occasions....every call does make a difference. it seems more and more that the officiating goes against the under dogs. what can u do though every sporting event is fixed no matter if you want to believe it or not

Orr89rocz said:
there are alot of ppl saying the game was more in favor of the steelers.

the only bad calls i see is when hasselbeck had a blockin call when he tackled.. yet that made no difference as the interception was already thrown.

the push off was just that.. it was a slight pushoff but still you cant do that. the TD by ben was a TD.. he broke the plain.. even if he didnt, they would have gone for it and got it.

the only bad call i see is maybe that holding call that could have gotten seattle to the 1-2 yard line.. even so, stillers still had 2 scores on them, so 1 TD wouldnt matter.

and seatle missed 2 fieldgoals.... stillers should have had 2 more TD's or atleast 1 and a field goal with Ward's drop and bens interception when we were on the 5 or so yard line.

hasslebecks fumble was a fumble.. he got nicked by a hand but stumbled on his own cut back and dove forward cuz the steelers were closing on him. QB's dive or slide, and hasselbeck dove and lost it.

steelers out played them.
This one might be long. I really don't like when people just go ahead and voice their opinions with no knowledge or proof of the truth. So, you might want to grab some :pop: and drink a :beer: as I go ahead and :rockon: with my post!!

Well, I don't speak too much on here but thought I would add my .02 to this thread. I am not a Seahwaks nor Pittsburgh fan, rather a Pats and Browns fan so I am not siding with any team. I don't want to bash you or flame on you, but I want to make sure that you know what your talking about before you write your oh so great post.

1. That play did make a difference as Pittsburgh would have had first and 10 from their own 29 and not from their 45. They would have never ran that flee flicker three plays later if they were not in between the 40s.

2. I will give you the push off call, but why did the referee not throw the flag until the Pitt player ran up to him and complained? Hmmm...

3. That "holding call that wouldn't have mattered" would have put Seattle down at the Pit 1 yard line, first and goal with the score 14-10 Pitt. If they score there, 17-14 Seattle, Hassleback doesn't throw the interception which leads to Pitt scoring and going up 20-10. So, in essence, that is really a 7 point swing in favor of Pittsburgh.

4. He did miss those field goals. One from 50 and the other from 54.

5. I really don't have ANY clue where you get that he fumbled that ball. He was CLEARLY touched as he was going to the ground and therefore, was down by contact. Unless you were watching some other game, the replays and officials clearly showed that Foote touched him with his right hand as he was going to the ground. His left elbow clearly hit the ground, as did his right knee before the ball game loose.

I don't know you or anything about you, but I just wanted to go ahead and state the facts before someone else went ahead and blasted you. As I see it, you were 1-5!! Good job!!

Just my .02

acrod

Established Member
nobody cares!! the steelers won get over it. Both teams played horribly in my opinion and neither one them deserves that trophy.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
whocares3-vi.jpg

Except you and every drunk 'hawks fan from last night. The ref's are only human. That's why they have the instant replay. To err is human, to tank in the Superbowl is to be a Seahawk.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
808GT said:
well if the officials dont make such bad calls (in any game and not just this particular SB game etc), then we dont need to looked at them with a question. every call is critical so they need to do their job 110% right.

sore LOSER!!!

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I can't believe people care this much about a game where a bunch of overpayed underworked individuals get treated as if they are demigods. :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread