Next time you think about buying a G-Force transmission...

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Thnx for the heads up guys.I'll spread the word around here to all my buddies....Doug has this posted in the Sn-95 section as well....:beer:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Now it's official, if I go w/ a manual, I'm getting a X2C modified TKO :thumbsup:

X2C offers great customer service from what I've seen on forum boards :)

Mjp

Timely Turbo
Established Member
Conversation between my friend and Mike at G-Force:

"One more thing mike said. I told him to send the trans back so i could have the shaft checked myself. He told me i could send it to nasa to have it checked for all he cared."

Talk about customer service...:mj:

Last edited:

Mjp

Timely Turbo
Established Member
Well...my friend is not alone.

Posted on Turbomustangs.com:
"I want to get in on this G-Force discussion. I have a 93' Cobra (featured in MM&FF March this year) that has broke TWO of these "bad ass trannies" One of my sponsors for my outlaw car made the $7000.00 buy in to G-force a while ago. We immediatly put one (straight cut/ face tooth/their main shaft) in my Cobra street car. The car had a tune up in it that ran 10.32@138. It was on slicks but with 30psi. and it was 1a.m. and the streets were cold ZERO traction. Took one sponsor for a ride from a role, turned around and picked another victim tried to launch the car and blew everything to peices!!! I mean everything. The bearing retainer was laying inside the bellhousing! Striped all the teeth off the input, broke the case, etc. I am A.S.E certified in every feild, and have been in business for myself as a tuner/ builder for 13 years. I also called bubba sparks. He questioned my abilities. After I think I convinced him I wasnt some backyard shmo, he told me my drive shaft bottemed out and pushed everything out the front! I asked him how the lenght of my old T-5 with his parts in it changed? I have had stock T-5's live for months and months with 1.40 60' times. Hell I let all my employees race the car! Nothing is harder on parts than multiple driving styles! Anyway he told me to call NASA too J/K! Just for fun I had the drive shaft shortened 1/2" and installed another 2k$ worth of parts. This time I drove it to the dyno made a couple pulls 579rwhp&670rwftlbs. Went to the track, went 10.40@136/1.55 60' then 10.10@`137.6/1.43 60', came back around and blew the pile up on the starting line, oil everywhere which made me popular. I am so disgusted I havent pulled it out yet. I did on the other hand have a freind who works for a top secret department of the Govmnt. do a sample of the old parts to check the metals, hardness, etc. I wish he could be part of this debate but his job is very important to him! We would like to see the Rockwell #'s and materials sheet. All I can tell you at this point is compared to the metaks in stock T-5 parts-which he also tested, G-force is getting hosed by their manufacturer. Most of the problem lies in hardening process. We are in the process of sending back the remainding parts-hopefully, so I cant get involved in the fight yet, sorry. Once we recover some of our money Maybe we should all get together and try to get the rest!"

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
Now it's official, if I go w/ a manual, I'm getting a X2C modified TKO :thumbsup:

They have good customer service from my experience. :)

Mjp

Timely Turbo
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra

That seems to be the next step. Sucks he had to find out this way though. :(

Mjp

Timely Turbo
Established Member
Originally posted by Fn'sh!t^
They have good customer service from my experience. :)

I'd be interesting in hearing about this. Cause I took need a new tranny. I'm definitely leaning towards X2C TKO v1.0

gforceresponds

I took the liberty of contacting G-Force for their side of the story as they have been getting slammed all across the net by a fellow named Jeff (shankin) and all his buddies. Mike Long got back to me and here is G-force's side of the story for all to read. I'm sure everyone will agree that it is only fair to hear their side of the story. Here it is.

This guy “Jeff” went way too far over the edge. I don’t think he realizes that we have over half of the Cup cars out there every Sunday afternoon using our products and that we also make aerospace components for some of the most advanced aerospace connector firms out there. Performance transmissions is about ¾ of our business, but we manufacture a variety of other high-end products as well. You don’t get to be Government Certified for Advanced Aerospace manufacturing unless you are a top notch company. I challenge ANY transmission company or otherwise to meet that level of quality. As for customer satisfaction, I also challenge anyone to find a tougher customer than the U.S. Military. We have excellent customer service (try getting the V.P. of any other real corporation on the phone during the day) and we will stand by our products until the end, but I simply can’t warranty a part(s) that have been so blatantly abused. Generally most people understand that a performance part has no warranty anyway. We try to work with everybody but ultimately they have to tell us what really happened and not lie to us about what really happened. As for this “Jeff” from “Ford Racing (yeah,there are only about 100 teams that call themselves that, anyway) I really don’t know what he expected from us. I’ve also talked to several people I know (magazine editors, REAL, RESPECTED performance Fordshops) and so far no one’s even heard of this character. This guy said he was someone really “respected” in the “Mustang”world, but believe me if the people I’ve talked to haven’t heard of him, he’s not as “big shot” as he thinks he is.

We’ve sold over 200 kits in about 6 months to people who show no mercy on their cars and have had virtually no problems whatsoever. Obviously, when you have this many kits out there in performance cars sometimes you will have someone who breaks something, but not prematurely like this person said. It was obvious after studying the parts that he had WAY more than 7 miles (the amount he told us) on our kit. More like thousands of miles of abuse. Also, he didn’t run the correct oil because we looked VERY closely to see if we could find any residue and couldn’t find any GF2000 oil (the oil that must be run in ourkits, available from us) anywhere. We found other oil residue, but not the correct fluid. Also, it was also obvious that the transmission had been downshifted into 1st gear at probably 60 miles per hour (was most likely going for third and hit first gear), which is possible in a dogring transmission if you mess up REAL bad when shifting. The reason we know this for a FACT is that it actually went into 1st gear so violently that it broke a tooth off of first gear on the DOWNSHIFT side and cracked the case at the rear bearing bore. Anybody who’s ever analyzed a gear could verify this type of abuse. This is EXTREMELY rare and virtually impossible to do (that is, break the case as it did). Needless to say when he downshifted like that, he knew he did it. You can imagine the surprise that he must have gotten going into 1st gear at (most likely) at least 60 MPH. He never mentioned that to me when I talked to him. Curious, isn’t it? Nor did he mention that he had countless dyno pulls on it (which I found out the next day), which if not properly driven, can destroy a dog ring transmission for a couple of reasons that I won’t get into here. Furthermore, we did not install the kit and don’t even know for sure if it was put together correctly. He “conveniently” disassembled it before he sent it back to us. Well, anyone with any common sense at all that even expects a warranty replacement wouldn’t do that. Again, he was most likely trying to hide something (else) from us.

Even after all of that, we were willing to fix his entire trans for half price. That’s right, half price…at a loss. That just wasn’t good enough for him. Then he was told for a mere $500 we would fix it, and that still wasn’t good enough for him. He made up his mind before he called us that he was going to scam free parts out of us and when he couldn’t do that he just went ballistic. Try calling Tremec and having your trans fixed for less than ¼ of what it would normally cost. I doubt it. If we even REMOTELY thought that it was our fault whatsoever, I would have personally sent him a completely new unit for absolutely free, but it just wasn’t so. I even told him to send the parts to anyone of his choosing to check the material and workmanship and get a metallurgy report. I don’t care if he sends it to NASA or anybody else, they’ll tell him the same thing. There’s nothing wrong with the metal or the heat treat. We advertise it’s 9310 material and that’s what it is. I would even give him our heat treat specs to check the parts against them to see that they are what we say they are. The parts were right.

We’ve had numerous winners in the various sanctioning bodies out there and by now, more than 200 satisfied customers just with our T5kit alone. Not to mention over 1100 racing customers over the past 10years or so. For the money you still can’t get a better value in a bolt-in, overdrive transmission. We advertise our T5 kit for cars with “UP TO 600 HP and 500 FT-LB of torque”. Obviously this rating varies widely depending on the clutch, vehicle weight, tires, RPM, etc.,etc., etc. This is why we typically ask questions before we make a sale. This is to ensure the customer is getting what they want and what is correct for their application. We make no claims beyond that because our kit is designed as an inexpensive upgrade to a stock T5. It’s not made for Nine second street cars. We have transmissions for that, too. We have anything to fit cars ranging from a stocker to a 6.50 A/A Comp car. The problem is that because it fits and people don’t want to spend the extra money, inevitably they will try to put too much power through them. Where else can you buy up to 600 HP capability for a T5 equipped Mustang for $950? These things, like the Stealth Fighter connectors we make, work great. If we gave every Joe (or Jeff in this case) free parts, the kits would cost three or four times what they do.

We’ve been in business for over 35 years and have always done everything possible to keep customers happy. It’s easy to do that when you make quality products. Unfortunately, there are always going to be people out there who try to scam and give you a bad reputation. I invite anyone who wants to stop by and check out our facilities and equipment to do so. We’re a 50 person corporation and will do whatever we have to do to maintain a positive customer outlook, but submitting to scams is not what got us where were at today. Thank You for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread