Next Step!

JParm93

Established Member
I have a 93 Cobra with most of the usual bolt-ons. (Motorsport unequal length headers, Offroad H-pipe, 3:55 gear, fender mount cold air induction) Any suggestions for the next step would be appreciated. I was thinking about a bigger mass air and throttle body, what sizes are still a question.

Thanks,

Jeff
Black 93' #1149

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Sounds good Jeff. I'm not to sure about recommended sizes and models, but make sure you get a mass air unit to go with the 24# injectors. You may want to look into a computer upgrade. The stock 93 cobra cpu had its faults. You could to some suspension mods. I highly recommend subframe connectors to ANY mustang owner! Also a strut tower brace, and/or a g-load brace would help. I installed all of these parts from Steeda. Good luck!

Jim - 93 - #2303

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by JimJr
I highly recommend subframe connectors to ANY mustang owner! Also a strut tower brace, and/or a g-load brace would help. I installed all of these parts from Steeda. Good luck!

Agreed, once your start putting down the power it's a HUGE pain to weld in new torque boxes.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
How much do you want to spend? I wouldn't bother with the bigger throttle body or MAF just yet. Your car came factory with a 65mm throttle body so that will tide you over until you start flowing a lot of boost.
As far as a MAF upgrade goes a lot of people have received good gains from a A9L computer swap and aftermarket MAF. I personally did not. I recommend that you port the stock MAF, keep your factory computer, install a cam of your choice (I plan to go with the motorsport 'B' cam), and get a dyno tuned chip burned for it.

Lee

P.S. If you get an aftermarket MAF, only get it calibrated for 24# injectors if you are going to change the computer to A9L. If you are going to retain the factory computer, you have to get it calibrated for 19# injectors. Your stock MAF is a 19# unit. The cobra computer does the conversion from 19# to 24# for the injectors.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Stock TB on the '93's is a 65mm, so your good to go there for a while. And I'm no 100% sure on the '93's... but for the '94-'95's you gotta get the MAF for 19# injectors as it's the EEC that dictates the injector size, opposite of the GT's.

What's you timing at? Do you have an aftermarket short throw shifter? What do you have for rear suspension? No cats so you could ditch the smog pump...

Users who are viewing this thread