Next rounds of mods....

281CJ

Established Member
Hey guys.

For my next round I was planing, Aluminum Driveshaft, FLSFC's, and perhaps a Spec Stg1 clutch and Fidenza Aluminum flywheel. Any other recommendations?

My current list is:
JLT RAI
90mm MAF
Accufab TB
3/8in intake spacer
Catted X-Pipe (should I go catless?)
Borla stinger catback
SCT
MGW Shifter
March pulley set
FRPP 4.10

My last dyno I made 304whp and 322wtq

I have a Cobra R P/S pulley in my parts pile right now to go one.

shivy85

Established Member
do you plan on drag racing it? an iron flywheel is better for drag racing because there is more mass rotating when you let the clutch out. You would get a few more rwhp with the aluminum flywheel cause there is less rotating mass but it also makes it more touchy driving it on the street.

I recommend you contact Nazman to do a porter lower intake and remove the intake spacer. Thats more a Mach 1 motor mod. Then get a retune. Forget doing a clutch and aluminum flywheel. If your stock clutch isn't slipping then thats just wasting money. I also did an aluminum flywheel on my old 01 Cobra and it was the biggest waste of money. Virtually no acceleration difference from the steel one. Don't do it. The PST carbon fiber D/S was pricey but a heck of noticeable difference from the steel stocker. Consider that if you want a real smooth drivetrain and noticeable acceleration difference. Lastly, get the 4.56s on there. Tons a fun. I wish I never did 4.10s on mine. I loved pulling the car in 5th with the 4.56s.

281CJ

Established Member
I've had an aluminum in my last 2 cars and haven't had any problems DDing them.

The car will see the track maybe 3-5 times a year.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
Warning to the OP :

A lot of people will tell you to go with 4.56's or go home. My personal opinion, you cant go wrong as long as you get 4.10's as the minimum. a super short gear like 4.56's is NOT for EVERYONE,especially if your goals and how you drive the car is different.

281CJ

Established Member
Yea,I know. Im just stating that before you make another gear upgrade,know what kind of conditions you want the car to perform at. Some people dont mind DD'ing 4.56's,and some people may only drive their cobra 2-3 times a week.

I have been debating a 4.30 though.

2001asp

Established Member
sorry 4 the thread steal,,,but boostlag when did you get your 4.10 on? thought it was pretty recent....Do you like them?

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I have 4.30's in my DD, in the city it's kindda hard on gas. But on the highway, set cruise at 70-75 mph. I get mid 20's. 1st gear is kind of useless, but it's awesome drag racing and dropping the clutch in 1st gear with slicks, she picks up the left front tire no problem. But for a DD i think 4.30's are perfect.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
sorry 4 the thread steal,,,but boostlag when did you get your 4.10 on? thought it was pretty recent....Do you like them?

2001 asp,I had to leave my car in KC for the weekend (my birthday weeked out of all weekends:fm:) to get the gears done. I will be picking the car up on monday or tuesday and will be sure to let you know the improvement from 3.27's to the 4.10's. Of course its still gonna be a 500 mile break in period for ring and pinion swaps from what I remember.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
not worth the money to jump from 4.10:1 to 4.30:1

+1

I have 4.30's in my DD, in the city it's kindda hard on gas. But on the highway, set cruise at 70-75 mph. I get mid 20's. 1st gear is kind of useless, but it's awesome drag racing and dropping the clutch in 1st gear with slicks, she picks up the left front tire no problem. But for a DD i think 4.30's are perfect.

Im pretty sure 4.30's are awesome for daily driving. But I wanted to stick with a 4.10 setup because my car is going to be blown sooner or later. I know theres some people running around with shorter gears than 4.10's with boost,and loving it. But I just dont want to spin through every gear.

Users who are viewing this thread