Next round of mods - What am I forgetting?

MustangThief

Established Member
Hey fellas,
After seeing what I'll be getting back from taxes and the budget for the car... I am going to go ahead and get a port done, but I'm going to be waiting on doing the lower pulley and some other mods until mid-end of summer, possibly next year. I really just want to get the car to a comfortable level and be able to drive the shit out of it before I keep upping the power...

With that said, I'm planning on doing the following...

Stage 5 Port (haven't decided which one, i think the 5+ with the accufab welded but stock TB.)

KB BAP w/ lethal wiring upgrade

MAFia or SCT2600 (haven't decided on this yet either, leaning toward MAFia)

and considering doing a head cooling mod while the blower is out, but I might pass on this as well (don't have access to buddys shop anymore, so unless i can get this done in my driveway, i'll have to pay a shop labor to install it)

Re-tune
-

That's really all I was hoping to do this round of mods. But I feel like I'm really missing something... help me out..

Next round I'll be upping the boost w/ lower pulley and getting all new idlers and injectors

I am keeping money available for injectors, if I get on the dyno and am maxing out my injectors, but those i'm going to check for before purchasing, since 400 bucks is a nice chunk of change.

Advice and comments are welcome,
Dave

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
If it were me, I would just go ahead and pick up the injectors... I plan on doing my port and have them on there just in case. Everything else looks good to me.

Oh, you might be looking for a new clutch sometime before too long as well.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
+1 to the injectors.

Also, you might want to look into getting a new clutch. There are a lot of people who run with the stock clutch with a port job, and there are others who needed a new one after the port - like myself.

NateV8

Established Member
If you want some injectors I have some BRAND NEW Siemens Deka 60# Fuel Injectors with harnesses for sale. Never used them.
$370 shipped. Lethal Performance sells them for $430 plus shipping.

rexisme

Established Member
If you want some injectors I have some BRAND NEW Siemens Deka 60# Fuel Injectors with harnesses for sale. Never used them.
$370 shipped. Lethal Performance sells them for $430 plus shipping.

ya, or he could just buy the newest ones that do not need a harness for $375........

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Why not forgo all that stuff for just a 13psi Whipple kit?

I think a new one can be had for around $2800-$2900 through a member on here.

CobraRyan

Banned
If i was in your boat i would wait on the injectors. Go ahead and get the best port job/tb plenum combo from steggy and run the 2.76 upper with idlers. Get the right belt size and get the KB BAP w/ wiring upgrade and a mafia. I highly recomend that you get the evenflow headcooling mod done while the blower is off to steggy. It is a simple mod that can be done in your driveway. I would wait on the lower pulley. You might just want to spray a wet shot on top of the upper only and skip the lower.

MustangThief

Established Member
Thanks for the responses so far, keep em' comin! :)

A few things:

Sub-frames, yes, I plan on getting MMFLSFC asap, but I've talked to several shops and so far I just flat out honestly haven't been satisfied with their experience in welding sub frames. I just need to find someone who has good experience in sub frame welding.

Injectors: I am setting the $ aside to buy the injectors, and I probably should just go ahead and put the injectors in, but I figure if I CAN save the cash and they are genuinely NOT NEEDED then I'm not going to buy them. If we throw it on the dyno and they are near max then the car won't be driven until they are installed. I'm thinking I may not need them though.

***To above, thanks for the offer on the injectors, but I'm gonna wait on em, plus, if I do end up needing injectors, I'm pretty sure I'll go with the new ones that don't require a harness.

Clutch: This I hope will last another year or at least until mid-summer, I don't really have it in my budget to do a clutch right after this round of mods. If it blew out, I'd get one, but I'm gonna try to live the stocker down as long as possible. Because when I do a clutch, I'll be doing 26 spline swap so it's gonna be a nice chunk of change.

I'm gonna look into doing the evenflow mod in the driveway then, thanks for the tip Ryan.

Can't wait to feel the difference from a stock to ported blower :D

Users who are viewing this thread