Next mods?

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
OK I don't have access to a pro-shop, so I'm really limited as to what I can do to my 04 Terminator.

I've already put in a Steeda CAI and that does wonders, it really looks good and really makes the car perform better.

What should I do next?

A couple things:
1.) I live in an apartment complex, so no lifting the car. Which means no exhaust work I think.
2.) Pulleys are not really in the picture right now, the temp outside is too hot and my mechanical skills are not that good.

I was thinking:
1.) New throttle body. Possibly a Billet?
2.) New shifter, the stock one feels like crap.
3.) ???

What say you guys/gals?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Why not an exhuast? living in an apartment complex means nothing man... thats wht i would do!

Marc

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
throttle body is further down the road. You can do the exhaust without a lift. I did mine with the driver side up on a curb. Not much room to work with but four bolts and 1-1/2 hours later and I was done. Piece of cake man! To make it a little easier, just go buy a couple of jack stands at walmart.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
well, we are trying to give you our best opinions, a cobra needs a catback exhuast... its way too restrictive!

Puting on a Thrttle body without an exhuast will do you no good man!

Mar

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
You could have a muffler shop install the exhaust, cat back install might be $50, which includes removing the stock system. Pretty cheap.

Most have a minimum charge, 1 hour, and this can be done in well under that time.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Do you have a friend's house you can borrow to install a catback? Seriously though, I would do the install on my parking space if I lived in a complex. They aren't going to yell at you for "fixing" your car. Hell, if you lived in CA I would let you use my garage and we could have it done in an hour.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Its more about getting under the car than it is the complex not letting me do it...

Now I just have to decide between Bassani SS cat-backs or the Stingers...

TDS-03

Established Member
Get a good catback kit of your choice. You dont need a lift, a good set of ramps or jackstands is plenty of room to switch out the pipes. Getting rid of the old one may be an issue, might just have to cut it up and dumpster it.

2nd choice would be shifter. Easy install, and greatly improved my enjoyment of the car.

In both cases, the difference in the car was quite noticable, and for me felt like money well spent.

Good Luck!

NC Cobra

Established Member
I drove my Cobra for almost a year with only cat back and K&N. I knew the stock shifter sucked but did nothing about it. Was on my way to a dyno day when I missed third REALLY BAD. I was so pissed I bought a PRO 5.0 at the dyno shop and had it installed right there. After driving back (50 miles) I took the standard shifter and beat myself in the head with it for about ten minutes for waiting a year to do this mod.

I don't think anyone on this forum would disagree that DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR the shifter is one of the best mods you will ever do. Its like comparing a WalMart socket set to Snap-On.

Users who are viewing this thread