Next mod need help!

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Ok so im selling my other car for $1,100 and want to do some stuff to my cobra. Its going to be mainly used for drag racing. My current mods are listed in my sig. Im hoping to hit low 13's or high 12's with a 100shot in middle febuary. I was thinking about upper and lower control arms and gears. and maybie if i have some funds left over, an sct xcal 2. Let me know what you guys think!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
well if you wanna drag race, change the rear end gears to 4:30's upgrade to 31 splines and a detroit locker and a girdle, change the bearings too....

mystical

Established Member
Ok so im selling my other car for $1,100 and want to do some stuff to my cobra. Its going to be mainly used for drag racing. My current mods are listed in my sig. Im hoping to hit low 13's or high 12's with a 100shot in middle febuary. I was thinking about upper and lower control arms and gears. and maybie if i have some funds left over, an sct xcal 2. Let me know what you guys think!

I sure hope so.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
1. Upgrade to a wet kit ($150)
2. Delete IMRC's ($5 and a couple hours of your time)
3. 4.10's ($4-500 w/ installed)
4. LCA's ($200?)
5. Adjustable shocks ($400)

FunkyBoss

Established Member
You should be in the mid-12's now with a good set of DR's. On stock suspension and stock gear with a dry 100 shot, I ran 7.9@86 mph in the 1/8th, which "should" be good for a mid-low 12 in the 1/4. Tire's are 255/55/16 MT ET Street radials on stock pony rims, cost me $300 shipped. The built rear is a great idea seeing that I snapped an axle after about 35 passes, I will be upgrading to an FRPP 31 spline diff and Moser axles as soon as my tax return comes in!

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
So this is what im thinking so far
4.30 gears
MGW shifter
Eibach Drag springs
Lower und upper control arms
Poly motor mounts (i need them so this is a have to)

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
like everyone said, drag radials and gears are what you need. you should be able to hit low 12s easily with a 100 shot...

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
well if you wanna drag race, change the rear end gears to 4:30's upgrade to 31 splines and a detroit locker and a girdle, change the bearings too....

+1. So many people change the gears but neglect the fact they still have stock 28 spline axles/diff. Have the axle tubes welded up also and get the torque boxes welded up and get some battle boxes. And SFCs if you don't have them.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
the only reason why i want the control arms is because the roads are crappy here and when i get on the rough roads i can feel my rear end get loose and shake around and it pisses me off. I want it to feel more solid.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
the only reason why i want the control arms is because the roads are crappy here and when i get on the rough roads i can feel my rear end get loose and shake around and it pisses me off. I want it to feel more solid.

omg i have this same ****ing problem. not to jack your thread or anything, but i'm getting 4.10's installed here soon. what else would i need with the gears and how could i make it more solid for the streets?

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Get the full install kit. Yeah i hate that when i hit bumps the whole back end get loose and pisses me off.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member

Well I'd say if that is what is bothering you most about your car right now, then do that. That is how I determine what to do next to my car. Sometimes it puts off bigger things that I want to do a little bit (like a built rear, or new wheels), but then that issue is taken care of. One thing at a time. Slowly, but surely. Don't skimp out on something just cause you will get to the next thing quicker. Just my 2 cents.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
yeah ive done that with my cars for a long time. No more buying something i dont need before something i do.

Users who are viewing this thread