Next Gen Mach 1 is what & when?

67bigblock

Established Member
Is there a new Mach in the pipeline? It should still retain the shaker and have at least 400hp. Anybody have a scoop on this?

Spartacus

Banned
I hope never! I want mine to be as rare as possible! Hahahahahahaha, I dont know. Ive seen a few shaker conversion kits on the new S197 bodies and I like it. Interesting to see what they come out with, if they do.

67bigblock

Established Member
^^
Agreed on that PJ Saleen that came this year. That is basically what the next gen Mach should be. Like others,....I felt is was priced way too high for the benefit of a few "autographs". Crazy. Despite the high stickers (MSRP),...they are selling on EBAY for 54-56kish the last time I looked. Still about 10k too high IMO. I'd liketo see that car minus the signatures and "stickers" for about 35k. At that price they'd sell afew.

HamMach1

Established Member
IMO... we got the last of the inexpensive muscle cars.
It will be history all over again. 30 years ago how much were mustangs... 2,000-3,000? 25 years ago they were $15-30k.. and now.. in 2007 and on I'm guessing another $20-30,000+ rise in price for a mustang.

1bdmach1

Been around awhile
Established Member
I keep up on a lot of "car trends" and have not seen a word on a new mach 1

I mean they have the shaker kit out so if Ford did it better have some balls behind it or they all tend to meld together

96 chris

Established Member
I'd like them to save the Mach 1 for a few more years. Pull it out in about 2010-2015. This will keep the value on your cars up anyways. Remember that the Bullitt was 2001 and the new one is 2009. That is 8 years. I personally think that is maybe a little to soon. Also I'd like to see Ford make a new SE, not just bring all the old ones back Every Single Time.
Another thing is that the aftermarket is so big now that people can do anything they want now to their car. Ford has to set the benchmark with style and performance...like they did with the 1994-98 Cobra's - 2000 cobra R - 2003-04 cobra's - 2003-04Mach1's... Real head turners. These cars were exeptionaly cool looking, fun, and fast FROM THE FACTORY.
Rock on Ford...

Users who are viewing this thread