Next Cobra delayed until 07 or 08?

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
The project has been OK'd. As for the delay there are two reasons:

1. Ford is using Carroll Shelby on the project and it took more time to work out the contract between them than expected.

2. Ford wanted to see what Chevy is committing the their alledged resurrection of the Camaro in 2007.

The 5.4 liter dual overhead cam has been committed to but the blower manufacturer is still in question. Colletti is thinking of moving away from Eaton in favor of a ProCharger Centrifugal design. The predicted RWHP out of the lot is somewhere between 450 and 500 HP. The body style will be the 05 but with more visual queues and more refinement. The interior is expected to be refined much further as well. The rear is to have a redesign of the IRS. There is a possibility that Colletti's patented cooling system that uses the air-conditioner freon to cool the air charge will be an option which can add an additional 50 RWHP. The backend is expected to be beefed up as well to handle the increase in torque and HP.

That is what I know Colletti has spoken openly about so far.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
i was thinking about that trick cooling thing that came out on the concept lightning. it doesnt make sense for Ford to switch to a centrifugal. Twin Screws are where it's at.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I think the 6.2 Hurricane threw the Lightning team for a loop and may be close enough to done by 06 to warant a second look at the future SVT engine.

jean

Established Member
the Lightning is postponed till 08 or more!
Let se what happen with the cobra,they was some change at the head of SVT.May be they want to do some shelby models.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraKindaGuy
The project has been OK'd. As for the delay there are two reasons:

1. Ford is using Carroll Shelby on the project and it took more time to work out the contract between them than expected.

2. Ford wanted to see what Chevy is committing the their alledged resurrection of the Camaro in 2007.

The 5.4 liter dual overhead cam has been committed to but the blower manufacturer is still in question. Colletti is thinking of moving away from Eaton in favor of a ProCharger Centrifugal design. The predicted RWHP out of the lot is somewhere between 450 and 500 HP. The body style will be the 05 but with more visual queues and more refinement. The interior is expected to be refined much further as well. The rear is to have a redesign of the IRS. There is a possibility that Colletti's patented cooling system that uses the air-conditioner freon to cool the air charge will be an option which can add an additional 50 RWHP. The backend is expected to be beefed up as well to handle the increase in torque and HP.

That is what I know Colletti has spoken openly about so far.

Where can I find this information? I hadn't heard all this "concrete data" before.

Hunter6

Established Member
Originally posted by venams03
I sold my early run '03 due to the tick. Damn, I don't think I can wait 2 whole years for the next generation Cobra!!

Me too. And the demise of the Lightning is disconcerting. Will I have to go back to Chevy...or try Mopar????:??:

Users who are viewing this thread