Next best mod

chad21000

Established Member
I have a 1998 cobra, looking for more power n/a, it currently has Manley h beam rods, higher compression pistons, 4.10s, long tubes with catless h pipe and flowmaster 40s, tuned, short throw shifter, and a cold air intake. What kinda options am I looking at n/a wise, no nitrous or blower?

likuid_inc

Established Member
a lot of guys like the under drive pullies, but be careful because I hear they put a lot of stress on the pumps. But they supposedly add some nice HP. Kooks headers are nice, and how about some full length subframe connectors for the handling!!??

96dreamer

Established Member
March 1158 fluid dampner is your best bet for a new dampner. Other than that all you really have left is cams or a shortrunner. If you don't have them already i would recommend sub frame connectors. While they may not add any power they make a huge difference in these cars.

nomoretickets

Established Member
staying n/a, your power options are really either camming your b heads or doing a c head swap. both are expensive and time consuming. I'd lean towards c head swap because it opens up more potential down the road, especially if you p/p and drop some nice cams in them down the road.

Again though, lots of money to play the n/a game. Whats your cr at currently? you could still run a centri on low to moderate boost safely at 10:1 with a good tune.

chad21000

Established Member
What could I pull some C heads off of? Continentals and 99-01 cobras right? What about mark 1999- marki 8s? And what would I need to do the swap?

98SVTContour98

Established Member
I have custom ones a local guy did for me but if were to buy them they would be maximum motorsports full length ones hands down.

Thank you

shortrunner intake x65000

I've tried the search function here and have failed to really find what I'm looking for on shortrunners....is it true that doing this mod isn't that beneficial to N/A cars?

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Thank you

I've tried the search function here and have failed to really find what I'm looking for on shortrunners....is it true that doing this mod isn't that beneficial to N/A cars?

At peak I picked up 16rwhp/4rwtq. Under the curve in some spots was 30rwhp gained.

-Mark

98SVTContour98

Established Member
At peak I picked up 16rwhp/4rwtq. Under the curve in some spots was 30rwhp gained.

-Mark

I've read similar results around the interwebs but they also said they saw that gain only from 6700rpm on up....I'm not sure that really does my car any benefit (street car with full exhaust, rai, 4.30s). Also read it robs low-end which was bad for N/A cars.

Last edited:

gq916

Established Member
March Fluid Dampner and PS pulley, don't do water pump pulley or alternator pulley. Other than that like one of the other members said, Subframe connectors make a huge difference in feel and handling.

Users who are viewing this thread