Newly Painted Panels Darker Under Fluorescent Light?

Z06KILLR

Established Member
My hood, front & rear bumpers, spoiler, deck lid, rocker panels, and side scoops were all repainted a couple years ago. Under sun light the color is perfect but under fluorescent light at night the panels are darker.

The color code off the car (E8, Rio Red) was used as well as all Dupont Paints (base/clear).

I would really like them to look perfect both at day and night. What do I need to do? Ive been told a paint store will have to digitally match the paint with a machine and the panels will have to be all repainted.

Thanks.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
That's from the old paint slightly fading from age. Not much to do, other than repainting the whole car.

Electrokid

Established Member
I have the same problem with my Honda. The bumper was repainted, and under some light it looks fine, but other light it looks a brighter shade. It's just because the original paint is 14 years old, while the new paint is 6.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
One of the reasons why I HATE my paint right now, have gotten the bumper, sideskirts, trunk, rear bumper, hood all repainted at different times and there are like 4 different shades of white thanks to that. Unless it's blended into the existing panels you'll definitely notice UNLESS it's a fairly new car or garaged most of the time. Less sun fading helps but it's still never perfect unfortunately.

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
probably doesn't help that it's Rio Red AKA Rio Pink from fading so fast.

You can see on this car , it's all the same code paint but all looks different.

DSCN2148.jpg

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
When we had our paint shop we all knew that you NEVER deliver a car under those lights--they show any imperfection. The car would look awesome under any lighting except those, ugh....

Users who are viewing this thread