newly painted interior

bp92gsr

Established Member
IMG_1336.gif

IMG_1333.gif

IMG_1332.gif

IMG_1331.gif

the interior of the car was just about all tan. now everything that is black is what i painted this weekend. i also got curious and made a mock-up with card board of the back hatch area. i then went to lowes and bought particle board along with some black carpet. after everything was fitted as good as i could get it i stapled the carpet to the particle board for and ending result of a nice looking hatch tray. check it out!

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Looks good but it i have to admit, it looks a little too shiny like its been greased up with armorall.

bp92gsr

Established Member
i used krylon black gloss for plastic with a black primer and prepped it with rubbing alcohol on a clean rag.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
i was thinking of doing the same to the hatch area because the 93 don't have the board and everything you put falls through. good work. i would've used semi-gloss or flat black. as long as it doesn't flake, you should be fine

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
you dont have to worry about the paint being too shiney, because it wont stick on the plastic very long. you should have used paint made for interior like SEM brand paint.

bp92gsr

Established Member
the funny thing about that is that i have used this paint for other parts of the interior like the center console and have had no problems with chipping. i would only really worry about chipping the surface was soft to the touch or compressable. everything i used it on was hard. that paint is an outdoor paint for items that have weathered or faded and is made to be used on plastics.

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
Damn I need a driveway like that!

I might be able to store all my cars and projects ('67 Coupe, '86 Convert, '93 Cobra, '95 GT, '88 RX-7, Wife's '03 Turbo S Bug, and a '71 Bug) including my trailer if I had a driveway & garage like that... Guess that's what I get for being poor and living in Cali.

Oh wait I just have too many cars, and I still need a truck!!!

Craig, Nice Collection!

BP, Paint looks good... Just alittle shiny for me, however that might just be the flash... I would also keep an eye out for chipping, but it sounds like you got something specific for plastic which might work in your favor.

Patrick

Last edited:

bp92gsr

Established Member
i have seen your blue and silver gt parked near the finance building. we will have to get up sometime. i did not even think to look and see where you were from. then i saw your car and was like "that looks very familiar" lol. id like to check out the others as well. great looking collection. my interior is shiney but that camera flash magnafies it alot. give me a call sometime. i have a three day weekend and we will probably be grilling out steak. brandon 850 259 7031

bp92gsr

Established Member
next interior mods include black headliner, black carpet and door panels. do to a leak in the radiator i will be purchasing a fluidyne 2-row this weekend same that i have in the car now.

Users who are viewing this thread