Newbie with a pic and some ?'s

BerserkBusa

Established Member
Well been lurking and doing alotta reading on diffrent things and figured i just as well sign up and show myself

I just got my lighting here a short while ago i have always wanted one but could never find one wheni had the funds well i had a 05GTO i bought new a last summer but being a farmer really limits driving a car and i've found i just don't like cars as much as i used to. So i got a chance to trade the GTO for a clean low mile 04 Lighting which i took the chance in a heartbeat

2c_12.JPG

It's completely stock except for the cover on the back and 13,000 miles i'm so happy with it so far.

I can definatlly get more useoutta this then the GTO i can at least haul some seed corn if need be lol.

As for what i have planned so far i'm gona leave the ride height cause of well the gravel roads. but i do want to do alittle drag racing with it.

I took it out over this weekend and this was one of my best runs

30psi tire pressure, i was told atmosphere was about 4400 aroun 80degrees and a on and off head wind

rt -.014
60 2.092
330 5.967
1/8 9.159 77.65mph
100 11.910
1/4 14.234 96.82

My trap speed was in the 96 range pretty well all the time.

I know the 60 needs work but i have read threads on trucks with similar begingin times but running in the 13's at the end so i'm wondering if my truck is dropping off at the end? I did do a small rolling burnout and i couldn't tell if it spun or not off the line it didn't feel like it. but i know it did a couple times on other runs my worst 60 was a 2.136

So anyways mods off the bat i'm gona be doing are a prediture tune, 5#lower pulley,

I'm not looking to make this a complete speed demon i just wana get it setup to run some good consistant times at the track and be in the 13's

So after that i'm thinking of doing a better intercooler and the JLP Street cooler tank that goes where the washerfuild tank goes.

Along with that i will probly do some traction bars, and a shift kit in the tranny or something.

So what are your guys opinions? anything i should look at considering doing?

Thanks much

Oh i'm also located in South Dakota and the track i went to was in peirre

Last edited:

BLK54

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
Congrats on the Lightning, you will enjoy it, i cant help you much as far as numbers go but have fun.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Nice truck! You will definitely get more use out of the Lightning than you did with the GTO, she is just as fast and you can haul and tow about anything. I also see you are a Busa lover like myself. I plan on punching mine out to a 1397 in the future. It must be a thrillihg ride on both your 1397 and turbo. There's no faster vehicle on the road than a stock Busa and a turbo or big bore will beat anything with a license plate. :rockon:

URBAN COWBOY

BerserkBusa

Established Member
OK sorry about that guys i fixed the times

the final was 14.243 @ 96.82mph

And thanks for the link i can't belive i missed that thread after all the searching i did

SO i'm thinking she may be a bit slow i'm not sure but may have something to do with the day Racing the truck is definally diffrent then racing the bike thats for sure

Well urbancowboy as long as you do the 1397 right you will be fine definatly gona wana do dual fans and some good coolant they like to run alittle warm especuially if you do High comp13:1 if you go lower comp it will definatly be better like 12.5:1

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Welcome to the best Lightning board out there,all the guy's here are great and very helpful! Plus i don't know if you knew this, but you bought the Fastest color Lightning made "Silver"!!! :thumbsup: :-D

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
congrats. welcome aboard. :beer:

the mods you want look good to me. you might want to get some NGKtr6 plugs for the added boost. a cold air intake is really good too.
try these other vendors. they sell good stuff.
chickenears.com
lightningforceperformance.com
enjoy your stay.
-chuck

Users who are viewing this thread