Newbie on the forum here, and I just ordered a 2013 Shelby GT500!

USV8PWR

Established Member
welcome! always room for 1 more and always good to hear families' connections with their cars. heritage and roots are valuable things, for sure.

sooooooooooo....is a striped one tougher to be incognito in? is it really more likely to fetch tickets? any insight?

I'm not a uniformed officer who does patrol, but rather a Fed agent who does white collar investigation. But in my experience most police officers love a great American machine. I can't count how many thumbs up I got in the Vette from officers as I passed by, not to mention the public in general. ;-)

reason4treason

Established Member
I'm not a uniformed officer who does patrol, but rather a Fed agent who does white collar investigation. But in my experience most police officers love a great American machine. I can't count how many thumbs up I got in the Vette from officers as I passed by, not to mention the public in general. ;-)

I see. I've never owned a GT500 before so I don't know how they're viewed. Vettes, as a rule, unless they're super loud or doing something that'd get anyone's attention, don't get as much suspicion as most people probably think they might. they've gotten so expensive over time, that you usually don't see riff raff driving them.

I know a guy who's a LEO. he has a '66 Caddy and he gets pulled over a surprising amount of times. he says they're profiling him because of the car, and usually gets a kick out of it, 'cause most times, some rookie comes slowly up on the passenger side from behind after pulling him over, like he was hunting and caught some quarry. then he sees this big gorilla white guy
with his "cop haircut" and the veteran with him usually razzes the noob for a bad call. this is the guy I was talking about in a different post who got shot at by gang bangers because just seeing his blue 60s GM they thought he was from a So Cal clique.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Got my VIN and a build date!

So FoMoCo finally (14+ weeks later) gave me a MoFo VIN and build date on my Shelby. It's slated to be built on 10/08. :banana:

I'm still hoping I can surprise my dad with the delivery at the dealership. However, my mother is having some surgery in early Oct., so I may have to drive it up to him and do the surprise at that time. I'll keep you all updated.

This board has been a plethora of information and making some great friends. Without this forum I don't know how I could have stand the long lack of info! Thanks again you all. :rockon:

reason4treason

Established Member
^kinda cool to see an alpha-omego set of posts that reflect how your original plans and dreams panned out.

railroad

Established Member
I thought I hit all the Ala dealers in my search for a Shelby, but apparently I missed a good one. I put money on one at Maloy and also got about 4K less than MSRP, but later found out they had used their one car allocation. I checked all the dealers I could find, I felt like a bookie on the phone. I ended up ordering from Long Lewis in Florence. Great story, and congratulations.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
You have to make sure you get the surprise and his reaction on video, and then share with us!

Users who are viewing this thread