Newbie Here

schuvwj

Reply to Silverstrike

Originally posted by Silverstrike
Got any questions just post away. Someone always has the answers. And enjoy yourself:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Thanks for the feedback Silverstrike. I am in the process of updating my trany with a temp guage and some internal mods!

Have a Good One!

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Re: Reply to Silverstrike

Originally posted by schuvwj
Thanks for the feedback Silverstrike. I am in the process of updating my trany with a temp guage and some internal mods!

Have a Good One!

I have a Nordskog Digital Trans temp guage in the Lightning its pretty accurate. :thumbsup:

schuvwj

Re: Re: Reply to Silverstrike

Originally posted by Silverstrike
I have a Nordskog Digital Trans temp guage in the Lightning its pretty accurate. :thumbsup:

Silverstrike I have never herd of a Nordskog what does it look like?

Silverstrike I installed an electrical Autometer trany temp gage because it is the same manufacture and type as the rest of the gages in my MM.

Were did you mount the gage sending unit? Most MM people have been mounting them in a port on the trans.

However I was told from a very reliable trany source that it should be mounted in the trany pan to get a more accurate reading.

My Trany souce say putting the sending unit in the trany port is incaurate becasue oil only flows through that port part of the time, (depends what gear your in). So I mounted my sending uint in the pan.

Have a Good One!

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
If you can get a Summit racing catalog they have them. But its a Red digital readout I think the range is 50* to 350* but the people that installed mine done the sending unit through the pan.
Really it all depends on who you talk to in determining which method is more reliable. As its split 50/50 on this issue.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by schuvwj
Just wantd to say hello to all the MM owners here!

Have a Great Day!
Welcome!!!

You are very close to my hometown, in fact I have run the Eureka Classic many times :beer: :beer: :beer: Do you live in town? Welcome to the board!

schuvwj

Re: Re: Newbie Here

Originally posted by sohowcome
Welcome!!!

You are very close to my hometown, in fact I have run the Eureka Classic many times :beer: :beer: :beer: Do you live in town? Welcome to the board!

Yes sohowcome I do live in town about two blocks north of the Eureka College!

Have a GREAT DAY!

Bill Schuver
- Mercury Marauder (300A)
- BOD = 8/19/02
- Purchased 11/25/02
- Reinhart/4.30 gears
- Reinhart/PI Stallion 3000 rpm stall TC
- Reinhart/IT20-plugs and 180 deg. stat
- Reinhart/Rear swaybar
- Reinhart/Ford motor sport headers
- Reinhart/Easy flow cats w/X-pipes
- Reinhart/UD pulleys