Newbie Here

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
Hi all, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dan and I live in Cincinnati Ohio. I have been a long time reader, but finally registered. All of you guys are awsome, and have some great info.
I have a 1996 Cobra and I love it. I have had it since December 2000. It had 54,000 on it when I got it, and now has 73,000. I drive it on nice days. When it's nasty out I drive my 1990 F-150 4X4 Lariat. I've had 10 vehicles, and every one of them were Fords. That's all I buy, and all I drive. I'm going to try and attach a pic of my car, I hope it works.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
Thanks guys. Poiznus I have been debating on supercharging my car, but I've been a little leary of doing it with 73,000 miles. How many miles do you have on yours, and how long has it been supercharged? By the way, nice color choice, gotta love laser red.

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
Well, I had some problems.......... After around 2000 miles with 8psi I put a smaller pulley on and went to around 11psi. Shortly after that the #4 rod was unhappy staying in the engine and went south on me. My new engine is about to be put in the car. But, I have added many many new things to the car since the engine went out. I don't plan on that happening again. The car had around 40,000 miles on it when I first put the charger on.

But, a supercharger really adds some nice power to these engines.

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
If you run 8lb's of boost and get a conservative dyno tune, there would be little risk to the car. It's all in the tune.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
I was looking at the P1-SC with 3 core cooler at 10#. There claim is that it will make 500 HP on a stock car. Do you have any idea of what kind of HP/TQ numbers I can expect with 8# and a conservative tune. I will probably still go with Pro-Charger so I don't have to tap the oil pan. I like the self contained unit.

Users who are viewing this thread