Newbie here. Question about Apten or Stiegemeier S/C porting

Paratrooper82d

Established Member
Was wondering. I am new to the forum. Was wondering if I could get some opinions on which is better. I am a new owner of a 2003 Cobra Vert. It is pretty much stock except it does have the CAI (Not sure which brand, doesnt have any markings), also have Magnaflow exhaust. But what I was wondering was I was thinking about getting the supercharger ported. Didn't know which company was better Apten or Stiegemeier. Also, I live the Charlotte, NC area and was wondering if there were any tuners in the area that someone could recommend.

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
Called Apten last week, they are saying mid-February before they are able to port blowers in-house.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Personally I would go with Amazons port job. I have seen Apten ports loose torque and with very slight gains in power. Give them a call.

BlownReaper

Banned
Steigmeier. They did all the porting that made Apten big. Now they do it on their own and are still have the most proven port job out there.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
Personally I would go with Amazons port job. I have seen Apten ports loose torque and with very slight gains in power. Give them a call.

So your saying stiggy ports done for apten loose TQ?

i could have it wrong

if so sittgy says they will fix it for you they just started a thread on it

check it out

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
I have never even seen a dyno sheet with a before and after on an amazon port. I gained HP and torque with my steggy port. :banana:

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have the Stiegemeier blower and am very happy with it. I haven't even got on it yet because I am breaking in my new clutch, but I can already tell a difference in throttle response. And the one time I did get on it for a second.........well :D

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I would go with the Steggy port, because they are still running a special right now. Check out some of the other forums, one of them has all the info on it.

Users who are viewing this thread