Newbie from Kansas.

Sonic GT

Sonic
Established Member
Hi, from Kansas. I'm new to the forum I'm on a bunch of other site's and thaught I would join this one as well. I'm just letting you all now that I have the 03-04 Cobra hood, front bumper, and Black wheel's but don't worry I'm not doing a Cobra clone I just thaught I would let you all now that is all.

Last edited:

Sonic GT

Sonic
Established Member
When I typed Sonic GT for my screen name it said it was not taken so I used it lol. Oh well I guess.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome! What part of Kansas are you from? It' hard to tell by the avatar pic since it could be nearly anywhere here.

Sonic GT

Sonic
Established Member
I'm from Winfield about thirty minute's south of Wichita. I go to Wichita quite a bit.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm from Winfield about thirty minute's south of Wichita. I go to Wichita quite a bit.

Yep Cowley county. My mom is actually heading to the industrial park near Strother Field. Several of the local fellows know autox at strother. I would, but just got a new helmet that is snell 2005, and could not race without it.
Family and friends have a bit of land down there we hunt from time to time.
Speaking of racing I need to hit M.A.D. before winter. Got a 1.9 60ft at KID(wir) on my regular 555's saturday but the prep went to poo just past that Mark, a 2nd gen dsm blew it's transmission and transfer case 10 yards shy of the 1000ft markers and the lane never improved.

Sonic GT

Sonic
Established Member
I was in Missouri for my weekend drill for the Army National Guard and my buddy went to K.I.D. and he was telling me about a Sonic Blue Lightning that must have been you lol. We also know the guy with the White Honda Civic with the Black carbon fiber hood that won in his class. If you go to M.A.D. let me know we can meet up and go on down there cause I have never taken my car down the 1/4 mile yet lol.

Sonic GT

Sonic
Established Member
Here are some pic's of my car just thought you guy's mite wanna check it out.

sonicsphotos002.jpg

sonicsphotos010.jpg

sonicsphotos013.jpg

sonicsphotos005.jpg

sonicsphotos001.jpg

Sonic_GT

Established Member
I like the car minus the gas cap. Funny thing is I've been wanting a set of black 03's for awhile too. lol :beer:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I was in Missouri for my weekend drill for the Army National Guard and my buddy went to K.I.D. and he was telling me about a Sonic Blue Lightning that must have been you lol. We also know the guy with the White Honda Civic with the Black carbon fiber hood that won in his class. If you go to M.A.D. let me know we can meet up and go on down there cause I have never taken my car down the 1/4 mile yet lol.
Yep, I'm the only '04 SB Lightning around. I was running Timeonly's and not paying much attention to the other cars sans a black '11 GT500 with red stripes and the svt package. First one I'd seen, but he did not run.
Hopefully your bud said nice things lol. Once I got 2 runs in everyone in the family was cold and wanted to go home so I missed the rest of the event. Congrats to your friend, always Nice when you make some money for racing. In '04 I won about $80 and a turkey for making it into the quarter finals of the turkey drags. Had to be steet tires with a class 2 hitch or better and wiring. I waited for enough to sign their regular trucks up to get the max payou before paid in. For some reason no one else signed up after me lol. It started misting and they called it and split the kitty otherwise I'd likely taken the $500 and a turkey home.

Ironhand

Banned

Welcome to the site. Nice car as well. There are alot of military members on this site too. Im Florida Guard myself. :beer:

Sonic GT

Sonic
Established Member
Yep, I'm the only '04 SB Lightning around. I was running Timeonly's and not paying much attention to the other cars sans a black '11 GT500 with red stripes and the svt package. First one I'd seen, but he did not run.
Hopefully your bud said nice things lol. Once I got 2 runs in everyone in the family was cold and wanted to go home so I missed the rest of the event. Congrats to your friend, always Nice when you make some money for racing. In '04 I won about $80 and a turkey for making it into the quarter finals of the turkey drags. Had to be steet tires with a class 2 hitch or better and wiring. I waited for enough to sign their regular trucks up to get the max payou before paid in. For some reason no one else signed up after me lol. It started misting and they called it and split the kitty otherwise I'd likely taken the $500 and a turkey home.

Yea he like's your truck that's his favorite truck and color lol. Yea we both like Sonic Blue and that's my favorite truck beside's the Raptor. We will have to get together some time and do a photoshoot my buddy like's taking pic's lol. That would be cool a Sonic Blue Lightning and my Sonic Blue GT. I have another buddy that just moved here from Iowa and he has a Oxford white 03 Mach1 he is trying to sell it cause he want's a 03-04 Sonic Blue Cobra but he said he would like to take his Mach down the 1/4mile before he sell's it lol. So that's one more that would join us he want's to run before the winter.

Last edited:

Sonic GT

Sonic
Established Member
I like the car minus the gas cap. Funny thing is I've been wanting a set of black 03's for awhile too. lol :beer:

Thank's alot for the kind word's. Just cerious what you don't like about the gas cap no big deal jw is all.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea he like's your truck that's his favorite truck and color lol. Yea we both like Sonic Blue and that's my favorite truck beside's the Raptor. We will have to get together some time and do a photoshoot my buddy like's taking pic's lol. That would be cool a Sonic Blue Lightning and my Sonic Blue GT. I have another buddy that just moved here from Iowa and he has a Oxford white 03 Mach1 he is trying to sell it cause he want's a 03-04 Sonic Blue Cobra but he said he would like to take his Mach down the 1/4mile before he sell's it lol. So that's one more that would join us he want's to run before the winter.
Save him some time since SB was only on '03s iirc. :rockon:
There looks like there may be a local picture /video meet next saturday (week from tomorrow, so the 16th). You gents are more than welcome to come along. Some are bringing gopros, others dslr's, I'm bringing my Sony TX-7 for some 1080p/i @60fps video. :pepper:

Last edited:

Sonic_GT

Established Member
Thank's alot for the kind word's. Just cerious what you don't like about the gas cap no big deal jw is all.

Its not horrible or anything. I guess I just like things to look the same on both sides of the car. On the picture of the car's passenger side when I look at the picture, the gas cap kinda stands out in my peripheral vision. Just attracts too much attention from the side of the car IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread