newbe here, and looking

cobrastrike4

Established Member
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and the cobra, looking for my 1st one I am looking at an 04 convert.original owner, 2000 miles and 2 years left on the original 3/36, asking 29 K what do ya think?
What should we be looking for as far as problem areas?

Also, are these warranties transferable with no charge to the seller/buyer?

Thanks, in advance

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Sounds like a good deal, miles are extremely low, even for an 04. 29k is a great buy for a car with those miles. I'd have expected 33k or higher. 29k is normal for one with 20k or higher miles. Original warranty transfers at no cost to the new buyer. Expect the shifter to be a little notchy especially at higher rpms. Other than that, nothing that stands out. Grab the cobra and hold on tight.

Lord Warlock

Last edited:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
warranty isnt worth the paper its printed on. you are at the mercy of the whims of the service writer at whatever dealership you choose.

i'd wonder why someone got rid of a car with only 2000 miles. pull an oasis report on it. perhaps it was lemoned.

GA Terminator

Established Member
Is the car stock or modified?? If its stock, that a deal. You don't find too many Cobra's with 2k on the clock.

SteveChris

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
warranty isnt worth the paper its printed on. you are at the mercy of the whims of the service writer at whatever dealership you choose.

i'd wonder why someone got rid of a car with only 2000 miles. pull an oasis report on it. perhaps it was lemoned.
happens alot, people run out and buy a new cobra with almost no down payment get the first payment bill along with insurance bill and gas card bill and put it up for sale next day

cobrastrike4

Established Member
The car is stock, owner getting a new shelby not flexing on price 29,9, I am actually looking at another car and the one described above, the second is in Texas 6100 miles, one owner again 2 years left on the warranty, at a toyota lot asking 29,9 also, but already has the light bar, cobra in front opening, cobra letters in black on back, willing to deal clean car fax and oasis.
I drove the 2000 mile and an 8000 mile and honestly they drive the same I feel as long as I still get warranty any miles under 10K is cool with me, condition and price is next factor the 2000 mile car the owner showed it highway dirty, bugs, tar, and some light scratches I would never show any of my cars to a potential buyer in that condition at least go thru an automatic wash (DUH).

Users who are viewing this thread