Newb

mmlx89

Established Member
Hey Guys-

Not new to the site, but new to the Lightning world. I picked up an 03 today. Bone stock except for 2" drop in front and 4" in the rear. I plan to leave it fairly stock since it will be my driver and have the mustang for the toy. I look forward to learning from you guys.

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
nice 03 man good luck keeping it stock i bought my 99 100 % bone stock for a DD and had a 93 s trim cobra for a toy and sure enough about 2 months later i got bit by the mod bug ..

after putting a 6 3 lower on and aall the little supporting mods it runs and drives better than stock not to mention if you keep your foot out of it it will get slightly better mph with a pulley .. the extra boost jsut carrys you along nicely ..

good luck and thunmbs up to another white L ....

mmlx89

Established Member
after putting a 6 3 lower on and aall the little supporting mods it runs and drives better than stock not to mention if you keep your foot out of it it will get slightly better mph with a pulley .. the extra boost jsut carrys you along nicely ..

good luck and thunmbs up to another white L ....

Haha....well I did say "try"......I tried to do it with my crew cab diesel too and I failed within a month.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Congrats! Will be hard to leave it stock.. especially if you plan on hanging out here!

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
hey welcome, i remember when i bought mine, saying i wasnt going to mod it, and was only going to put a "small" drop on the L. good luck

DjKush

Established Member
Haha same as everyone is saying bro it won't be too stock for long especially if u start racing just for fun in the streets, but good luck bro and welcome! And wave at other L owners.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
Welcome to the Site and Congrats on the Lightning! I said the Same (I'm leaving it Stock) :dw:
I've been Fairly good with my Promise
Brian's Built Tranny, JDM's Longblock, Full Fuel System, Started with a 2.3 Whipple, Then a 3.4 Whipple and Now PT 88 Turbo! :-D
So Good Luck with it!

Last edited:

03CaLi_BoLt

SicK@SVT
Established Member
Nice and Welcome that's exactly what I said when I got my 03 as I have a mustang aswell but now I'm modding both and got a new dd haah so yea let the modding begin...

SADF

Established Member
So.....

Valve Body
4lb lower
CAI
Tune
Plugs

Seem like a reasonable start? hahah

It took me a minute to get that far into it, lol. Six years later, and well, I chopped it up. Face it, ur screwed. Easily one of the most versatile vehicles to mod in the world. Its an F-150 and crazy things can be done to those as far as aftermarket, then its got a sick motor that you want to mod. Welcome and G/L

mmlx89

Established Member
I also decided I need some 01-02 style wheels powdered coated in a gunmetal gray. After that I'm done though......I swear :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread