Newb question....Lowering 03 Cobra..

robs1280

Cruiser-Head
Established Member
I just had a quick question. I am getting ready to lower my 03 cobra with some eibach 1.5" springs.. I was just wondering if I had to buy caster plates too, or can I just install the springs and not effect any the steering or caster or whatever...

04CobraMatt

Established Member
You dont absolutly "need" them, but your camber will never be perfect and you'll chew up the inside of your tires alot faster than the outside. (it will probably handle great though).

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
You need caster plates...If the person installing them says you don't, run away from them and go somewhere else.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
you can always notch out your stockers so you get more movement out of them. If you are short on funds go this route until you can buy yourself a nice set of MM caster camber plates.

Lances03GT

Has a Cobra now
Established Member
With only a 1.5 drop you may not need them at all.Install them and get it aligned and go from there.Usually anything lower than a 1.5 will need CC plates.I've installed spring's on a few and never needed CC plates with only 1.5 of a drop.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Dropping your suspension will throw off your front suspension geometry with regard to angling the A-arms relative to the ground. Drop ball joints will bring the A-arms level again. Steeda sells them.

If your driving the car on the street lowering it will make a mess of the undercarriage. I was looking at a lowered Saleen on a lift and it looked like someone dragged the car without wheels on the pavement. Spoiler, K member, exhaust, transmission, diff.........nothing was spared.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
userob2002 said:
no cc plates needed with e-cheap springs.
+1 besidides the cheap part. I loved the eibachs. Gave the car a stiff ass ride and got rid of wheel hop. You do need an alignment. When i had an alignment done, it had to be adjusted but it did not need cc plates

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
i got them just because of making sure the car is not out of wack. I used the MM CC plates. I had the eibach springs and didnt like them too much. Too low in front, and too high in rear. Take the iso. out of the back. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread