new ypipe is on

Steeltwo

Established Member
finally I put the sho shop ypipe on.

after not getting all the parts or even half the hardware I gave up and just brought it into a shop. I was missing the short exhaust piece that connects to the drivers side precat, and most of the hardware. I had a few pipe clamps, some bolts and a flange gasket(woohoo)

took it in

two whole hours later, it's installed, to the tune of 120 bones.(100 in labor, 20 for the exhaust part)

not bad I thought to myself. Not bad at all.

the car sounds slightly different, that i'll only be able to tell. But it seems the same power level, not even a slight kick in the pants like the CAI was. But we'll see, i'm going to ring it out on the way to class tonight. Maybe it'll feel better at the redline :)

but at least I do not get the rotten egg smell of the clogged main cat :)

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
I think once you do that and actually get out there and open it up, you'll feel a difference. I noticed a little after installing my BAT pipe.

Did you actually order it straight from SHO Shop?

Steeltwo

Established Member
Jason43 said:
I think once you do that and actually get out there and open it up, you'll feel a difference. I noticed a little after installing my BAT pipe.

Did you actually order it straight from SHO Shop?
yes, and it took two months to get it and a call to the bbb to get it. and even then I didn't get all of it. I counted my blessings and didn't think anything else.

the cai had the wrong size screws, the exhaust was missing a piece, and a bunch of hardware.

but after reading what alot of people said, i'm happy to have even gotten the parts. I had to call i dunno how many times and leave messages.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Your a glutton for punishment if you order things for SHO Shop. I'm somewhat lucky as I ordered my crap while they were still a 'real' business.

Almos all of their products can be purchased from more reputable business.

Steeltwo

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Your a glutton for punishment if you order things for SHO Shop. I'm somewhat lucky as I ordered my crap while they were still a 'real' business.

Almos all of their products can be purchased from more reputable business.

i ordered the parts a few months before I got the cats from you.

so at least a year ago. i've had the parts for a while :-D

BLACKSVTCONTOUR

GOT SVT?
Established Member
hey guys will the o2 sensor fit into the BAT y-pipe with the o2 bung on the y-pipe in a different place or does that need to be modified, i noticed this in a recent picture i've seen. i also kno that the y-pipe comes in pieces, which needs to be welded, i'm curious because i'm ordering the BAT y-pipe, and just wanted to kno, thanks

Last edited:

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
The O2 sensors fit fine. The Bat pipe comes with clamps, so you don't have to weld it. In fact, leaving it clamped makes thing much easier if the cat ever goes bad and you need to replace it.

Steeltwo

Established Member
on o2 sensors in general

from my understanding, they have to be the same length away from the cat as their stock counterpart for it to not throw a cel.

and o2 bungs are universal.

Steeltwo

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
what are the codes?
dunno, am going to a shop next week that only charges 20 bones to read the codes vs 120 from the dealership. Wish I had a obd2 reader.(already have a obd1)

Users who are viewing this thread