New Yorkers, Get in here! Going to the US Open, safe to bring the '13?

jtfx6552

Established Member
I have tickets for the mens' final of the US open. I really don't want to drive the wife's car from PA to NY. I just love driving the '13. Question is, I have no idea what the parking is like at the open? I'm guessing there will be a lot of high end cars there, so it would probably be ok. Just curious what the locals think...

USV8PWR

Established Member
Ahem, there is ALWAYS valet parking. Roll in looking like a million dollars and park up it safe up front. I bet it will be less than $50... ;)

4CFED

Established Member
knowing the area well, and the shape that the roads are in, plus the mets are in town this weekend i would not - its flat out crazy in that particular area of town.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
knowing the area well, and the shape that the roads are in, plus the mets are in town this weekend i would not - its flat out crazy in that particular area of town.

This, I grew up in NYC and I am a Met fan, that area is still under development...tight, expensive parking. Valet??? Ha! no one drives my car...take mass transit, plus you can get hammered :beer:

'14 Shelby

Established Member

This...or u could leave your car with me in Jersey and take the 40 train/subway ride the rest of the way :rockon:

USV8PWR

Established Member
This, I grew up in NYC and I am a Met fan, that area is still under development...tight, expensive parking. Valet??? Ha! no one drives my car...take mass transit, plus you can get hammered :beer:

No one drives my car either Brother. I simply pull up to the valet, hand them the money and a tip and say I am going to park it and I'm going to keep my keys. If that can't be done, I won't valet it. But I have only had one time where I couldn't park it myself.

Paul1138

Established Member
Born and raised in NY. I lived in Queens for about 9 years (pretty close to the US Open). The main highway to Flushing is the Grand Central Parkway. It's a total free for all, with no regards for other drivers. The road conditions are atrocious for the most part and as Devious mentioned, tight, expensive and no one gives a frog's fat ass about your car. I live in the burbs about 1 hour away (pending no traffic). You're more than welcome to park your car at my townhouse development and take mass transit to the city. It'll be a bit of an inconvenience (42min to Grand Central on the train then the subway 7 train to Flushing ; about 30 min give or take), but your car will be safe. Another option is drive into the city, find a proper garage around the 50's east side and take a cab to Flushing to and fro. I'll be glad to help if i can.

Thanks,
Paul

BlackOutUT

Established Member
No one drives my car either Brother. I simply pull up to the valet, hand them the money and a tip and say I am going to park it and I'm going to keep my keys. If that can't be done, I won't valet it. But I have only had one time where I couldn't park it myself.

Can't help you on this one, but they have to have an option for higher end cars. I doubt there will be lambs sitting on the grass. But who knows.

As a valet through college I was happy to take a customers money and not have to do anything. No ticket & you park it, I keep all the cash. Shooot if I were you I'd ask to stick it up front.

Edit: that would be lambos, not lambs haha

Users who are viewing this thread