New York State new emissions testing

chrisroy

Established Member
So I go to get my car inspected yesterday (2000 GT 2v 5.4 swapped) thinking I'll have no problems until my car failed. Find out nys has new emissions testing, the computer can actually tell now if things have been turned off. I have the rear o2s shut off and I have an egr delete so that is shut off in the programmer as well. I did some research and I think I may be able to pass if I get the car a new tune but with the rear o2s on and just do some mils. I don't think the egr will be a big deal because my car is 2000 and 96-00 can have 2 not ready codes and pass, currently I have 3. Any other New Yorkers having this issue or some insight into this bullsh*t New York state decided to do?

leony

Established Member
So I go to get my car inspected yesterday (2000 GT 2v 5.4 swapped) thinking I'll have no problems until my car failed. Find out nys has new emissions testing, the computer can actually tell now if things have been turned off. I have the rear o2s shut off and I have an egr delete so that is shut off in the programmer as well. I did some research and I think I may be able to pass if I get the car a new tune but with the rear o2s on and just do some mils. I don't think the egr will be a big deal because my car is 2000 and 96-00 can have 2 not ready codes and pass, currently I have 3. Any other New Yorkers having this issue or some insight into this bullsh*t New York state decided to do?

Same happened with my built v6 that I brought from Florida last November, tried to run the inspection here and nada. I went to another shop and had them "pass me", but apparently you need to re-tune your car, I called mustang magic in LI and they told me some parameters have changed that they re-tuning cars from previous customers which are running into the same problem.

chrisroy

Established Member
Same happened with my built v6 that I brought from Florida last November, tried to run the inspection here and nada. I went to another shop and had them "pass me", but apparently you need to re-tune your car, I called mustang magic in LI and they told me some parameters have changed that they re-tuning cars from previous customers which are running into the same problem.
yeah I'm thinking I just need the rear o2s turned back on and put some mils on and I should be good. I have an egr delete and that is turned off but I think I should be alright with that off being that my car is a 00. 96-00 can have 2 not ready codes a d pass apparently from what I read on dmvs site.

scotts99snake

Established Member
Any updates on these issues guys? I had my car inspected a couple of days ago and failed since I have all monitors shut off. I want to make sure it will pass if they are all turned back on minus egr.

Users who are viewing this thread