New York Area - lightning rod scammer

Adam B

200mph
Established Member
Is there anyone around the Schenectady, NY area? I bought a Whipple from a man on eBay told me his name is Raymond Thompson, turns out to be a Raymond Armstrong. He had his phone disconnected after I sent him a check for over $2k. I talked to him on the phone and he seemed to know about Lightnings pretty well so I figured he would be on the forum. From what I can gather his name on this forum is lightning rod. Here is a link to the one post I can find on here http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307046&highlight=Raymond+Armstrong. He is talking about people he has sold to. Anyone know this piece of shit?

Adam B

200mph
Established Member
Just found out the guy really lives in Scotia, NY. He is around 65 years old and has screwed another Lightning owner out of several several thousands.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
give us all the information you have on him, and hope common or txyaloo can find him

blainestang

Established Member
Subsribing...

Sounds like he might be on the receiving end of some "lightning rods" in prison after this. :lol1:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Schenectady is in the Albany area, just to let you know. Good luck getting this guy.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Is there anyone around the Schenectady, NY area? I bought a Whipple from a man on eBay told me his name is Raymond Thompson, turns out to be a Raymond Armstrong. He had his phone disconnected after I sent him a check for over $2k. I talked to him on the phone and he seemed to know about Lightnings pretty well so I figured he would be on the forum. From what I can gather his name on this forum is lightning rod. Here is a link to the one post I can find on here http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307046&highlight=Raymond+Armstrong. He is talking about people he has sold to. Anyone know this piece of shit?

What name and address did you send the check to?

1 bad bolt 01

Established Member
yes he is a older fella, i know his wife past not long ago but still never any kind of excuse to take money or anything from another if the rain clears tonight i will take a cruise up to the hang out spot and see if he is lurking around for ya

Adam B

200mph
Established Member
What name and address did you send the check to?

Raymond Thompson
2240 Watt Street
Schenectay, NY 12306

^ That address turns out to be some apartment or building that he rents. His real name and address is Raymond Armstrong 105 Maple Wood Dr, Scotia, NY 12302.

I actually talked to a ex-friend that lives about half mile down the road from him that has bought several parts from him and got screwed. He told me the guy is a piece of work and hopes get goes to jail. I'm giving the guy till Sunday night to contact me then I'm getting plane tickets and I'm not joking.

Thanks for the PM 1 bad bolt 01.

I've been trying to call him and he had his cell phone disconnected and his house line has been busy for over a day. I just tried to call and it finally went through, he answered the phone and slammed it down...

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Raymond Thompson
2240 Watt Street
Schenectay, NY 12306

^ That address turns out to be some apartment or building that he rents. His real name and address is Raymond Armstrong 105 Maple Wood Dr, Scotia, NY 12302.

I actually talked to a ex-friend that lives about half mile down the road from him that has bought several parts from him and got screwed. He told me the guy is a piece of work and hopes get goes to jail. I'm giving the guy till Sunday night to contact me then I'm getting plane tickets and I'm not joking.

Thanks for the PM 1 bad bolt 01.

I've been trying to call him and he had his cell phone disconnected and his house line has been busy for over a day. I just tried to call and it finally went through, he answered the phone and slammed it down...

Call the police and file charges. NOW!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
When will the scammers ever learn:nonono:

Sapperstang

Established Member
For some reason I was thinking you got scammed when trying to buy a lightning rod. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread