New Year...New Shade Of Grey. This Time It’s For Keeps

BYEPOLR

Established Member
HA, it looks completely blocked in, in your pictures.

There she is
IMG_0971.JPG

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Coming along very nicely.
I love the last wheel pic in the first set, showing that subtle change in the sun.
Matte clear over polished was an exceptional choice.
What is that trans tunnel/shifter cover?
-J

BYEPOLR

Established Member
excellent work as usual man.
Appreciate that brother
Coming along very nicely.
I love the last wheel pic in the first set, showing that subtle change in the sun.
Matte clear over polished was an exceptional choice.
What is that trans tunnel/shifter cover?
-J
Appreciate that bro. Getting super close. We’re hoping to fire the car Monday or Tuesday next week. The shifter is a modified factory 4r unit with a fabbed gate

JCDriller

Established Member
Another productive day. Holley Terminator X with full wire tuck in progress, power steering relocated to passenger side, majority of the Hotside heat wrapped, new headliner installed
View attachment 1636192View attachment 1636193View attachment 1636194View attachment 1636195View attachment 1636196View attachment 1636197

Looks like you need some heat in your garage, I can see your orange parka and knit cap in that turbo!

Also, those wheels are killer! I've been looking at getting rid of my Welds for a set of CCWs on my Sonic Blue and these photos seal the deal. Sure wish they did a 18" beadlock (just for looks)...

Last edited:

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Looks like you need some heat in your garage, I can see your orange parka and knit cap in that turbo!

Also, those wheels are killer! I've been looking at getting rid of my Welds for a set of CCWs on my Sonic Blue and these photos seal the deal. Sure wish they did a 18" beadlock (just for looks)...
Lol too funny! Go figure it would still feel like winter in late April in Michigan.
And CCW will weld on a faux beadlock ring for larger wheels I’m told.

BYEPOLR

Established Member
So much cleaner...
The Saleen still has the billet in line t-stat housing in case you were ever to want to run one but there’s no thermostat in it. When the car was on the dyno we tried it with and without one. It was clear that removing it and strictly running fan control was the superior method of temp control; hence the decision to follow suit on this build

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member

Let me know if you decide to part with the Welds. Would look good on the yellow car.

Joe

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
This may not be an issue where you live but if it's cold out you might have a problem bringing the car up to temperature. A radiator with no fan can cool a car quite well even during a cold morning and you'll have no heat inside. This was on my foxbody when I was daily driving it so it may not apply to you or you may have never noticed this issue.

It might be better to have the car get up to and stabilize at a temperature that the engine is designed to run at. Say 160 or 180 and then controlled by the fan at that point.

Great job on the build and using high quality products. I check this thread often!

The Saleen still has the billet in line t-stat housing in case you were ever to want to run one but there’s no thermostat in it. When the car was on the dyno we tried it with and without one. It was clear that removing it and strictly running fan control was the superior method of temp control; hence the decision to follow suit on this build

BYEPOLR

Established Member
This may not be an issue where you live but if it's cold out you might have a problem bringing the car up to temperature. A radiator with no fan can cool a car quite well even during a cold morning and you'll have no heat inside. This was on my foxbody when I was daily driving it so it may not apply to you or you may have never noticed this issue.

It might be better to have the car get up to and stabilize at a temperature that the engine is designed to run at. Say 160 or 180 and then controlled by the fan at that point.

Great job on the build and using high quality products. I check this thread often!
Not quite sure what you're referencing sir. I'm still running fans (not installed yet), just no thermostat. Really appreciate the kind words as well!

JCDriller

Established Member
He's just saying without a thermostat the car may not heat up to operational temps because even with the fan off the radiator can still keep the coolant too cool on cold mornings if the coolant is constantly circulating.

Users who are viewing this thread