New X50 or V1 v1.7?

StealthCobra

96 SVT
Established Member
I bought a X50 first of the year from Best Buy (~180) and havent used it since my car has been in the shop the entire time. My friend got a ticket while he had his V1 on so he is determined it was the radars fault, so I offered a trade. You guys think it is worth trading my radar for his + like 50 bucks? (Or what would be fair?)
I havent read much about the 1.7 really. I know the 1.8 is the newest with POP detection but I dont know if there are any other differences? I really just need to know if its better than the X50 (which has POP detection)
Anyone with a 1.7 care to chime in?

Last edited:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
I can't really comment on using 1.7. I bought mine not that long ago so I believe I have the current 1.8. I started off with the Passport 8500 that I bought from Bestbuy. I returned it before the 15day return policy expired and got the V1. I was a little skeptical at first when V1 Owners kept insisting how valuable the arrow indicators were. I'm a firm believer of that now and know that I made the right call in going with the V1. I'm really surprised your friend would agreet to trade so take advantage of that and go for it.

There's nothing like hearing that KA going nuts and knowing exactly where to look for the FHP.. Not to mention the bogey counter.

Users who are viewing this thread