New Whipple throttle body for s197s

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Just wondering how far back you guys are on thoose as my tuner has a order in for one for my car. Just getting impatient to see some more powa hahaha

Thanks,
Kris

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just wondering how far back you guys are on thoose as my tuner has a order in for one for my car. Just getting impatient to see some more powa hahaha

Thanks,
Kris

Kris,

We run the super mono on our GT500. It made a huge difference for us as it increase boost by 2psi with the same pulley combo. We saw an increase of 60rwhp with it over the stock tb. Although those are great results I don't believe they'll be the same on the GT as it was on the GT500 for several reasons. 1. The blower we have on our car flows a lot of air and at it aided in providing the extra air the blower needed to perform it's best. 2. The GT500 obviously has a larger motor therefore it benefited from the increased airflow.

With that said depending on your setup you may also benefit from the removal of inlet restriction with the larger TB. They are indeeed more difficult to tune than the stock TB so make sure if you do get one you have an experienced tuner who's tuned them before in order to get the best results and drivability.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Wow thats a big jump. Yeah im running with a 2.8 pulley with the eight rib kit along with a stroked motor to 305. Well he is a good tuner but my car will be the first one he has done with this throttle body. Names Marv at C&M automotive if you could send him some tips if need to be.

Thanks, Kris

Users who are viewing this thread