New Wheels

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
May be a dumb question, but I am looking to get 17X10.5in wheels for the rear of my cobra. Question is will they bolt directly on, or will I have to get low-pro IRS bolts? To be honest, I don't even know what those bolts are or what they would be replacing haha! Sorry for being a newb. I'm looking at some wheels from oe wheels llc, and my car is lowered with H&R springs with the isolators removed on all 4 corners, in case that would affect the answer. Would 315/35-17's fit as well? Thanks for the help! :banana:

NJredfire03

Established Member
You're going to need the 3/8" wheel spacer and extended lug nuts kit from lethal performance. Its cheap around 80-90 bucks. I have 17x10.5in rims with Nitto 555's at 315/35/17. I don't have the low profile IRS bolts installed yet and I don't have any issues. I will be putting them in for peace of mind and for future changes to my rims. The IRS bolt they are talking about is right behind the wheel and it is your standard hex head bolt. The low pro bolt is a rounded allen wrench bolt that gives you just a little more clearance. Sometimes changing out those bolts will save tires from being destroyed. Also with those springs and no isos, you might want to get your rear fenders rolled. Once you get those wide tires on there, they might rub pretty bad on bumps and destroy the tire. Go to a body shop you trust and get a quote. If not there are how to threads on how to DIY. Pretty sure this answered everything you want to know.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
You're going to need the 3/8" wheel spacer and extended lug nuts kit from lethal performance. Its cheap around 80-90 bucks. I have 17x10.5in rims with Nitto 555's at 315/35/17. I don't have the low profile IRS bolts installed yet and I don't have any issues. I will be putting them in for peace of mind and for future changes to my rims. The IRS bolt they are talking about is right behind the wheel and it is your standard hex head bolt. The low pro bolt is a rounded allen wrench bolt that gives you just a little more clearance. Sometimes changing out those bolts will save tires from being destroyed. Also with those springs and no isos, you might want to get your rear fenders rolled. Once you get those wide tires on there, they might rub pretty bad on bumps and destroy the tire. Go to a body shop you trust and get a quote. If not there are how to threads on how to DIY. Pretty sure this answered everything you want to know.

Yes, that answered it very clear and precise!! Thank you! I tried doing some searching on here but coud not find a straight answer. Thanks again for the info, very helpful and now I'll get to ordering my wheels and tires! You rock! :rockon:

NJredfire03

Established Member
Yes, that answered it very clear and precise!! Thank you! I tried doing some searching on here but coud not find a straight answer. Thanks again for the info, very helpful and now I'll get to ordering my wheels and tires! You rock! :rockon:

No problem, even though a lot guys will look at this and say this is basic knowledge, everyone was new at one point. I've done more reasearch on these cars through this site, than I have done through college. A lot of info on here. Searching can be tough on here, I know that from experience. I don't know what rims you will be looking at, but you can look at AFS wheels. They have great OEM style wheels in a 10.5in for the rear. Cheap and work and look great.

NJredfire03

Established Member
18x10 rims ok to run with no spacer or IRS bolt?

Not 100% on that, I imagine that it would be ok, but I know that putting a spacer will make the rims flush with the fenders to give it a good look. With the 18x10 rim and a spacer, no low pro IRS bolt would be needed. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
There's plenty of people who run 17x10.5 with a 315/35 and no spacer. Thats what I have with a low profile bolt. The low pro bolt is located at the rear mounting point for the Irs assembly.

46stang

Established Member
I have 18X10 on the back of mine, with H&R race springs. With my two kids in the back seat the tire will rub on the fender when on the freeway and hit big dips. just barely though. If by myself it never touches. I removed the rear upper iso but the lower is still in. Also I have 305-35-18 nittos. SO 315's and no iso's will likely rub unless you get the fender lips rolled. Oh and clearance to the irs bolt is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread