New wheels - Velgen VMB5's

Nomadic

Established Member
Finally getting down to replacing the factory goodyear tires on my car, along with new wheels. I've seen several DIB cars with the VMB5's and absolutely love the look. Im looking at getting the staggered 19'' setup - with a 265/35/19 on the front, and 305/30/19 on the rear. Car is stock height right now, but I am looking at the BMR 1.5 drop kit.

I've been looking through the wheel section for quite awhile, and it seems a lot of people don't have any issues with this setup, but I just wanted to make sure before I dropped the cash.

1UPMech

New to this forum, but I was thinking of the same wheels and setup. However, i'm torn between choosing the VMB5's or Forgestar F14's. Either look like a great setup. Let us know how it goes! I'm a 2014 GT, Stock 18x8 rims for now.

svtmassa

Established Member
either of those choices would look better than our 18x8's haha
Im cheap and like the way the brembo pack wheels look so I have a set that will be here thursday!

phfelts

Established Member
I love my VMB5s! I did the 20" setup, but I've had zero issues since putting them on the car two years ago. The only issue I have with them is I'm a little tired of the graphite gray finish. I really like the new matte black options they have, but I've also considered looking into powder coating them another color. I got mine on sale from the Howey Industries rep on here, saved a few bucks which is always nice.

Users who are viewing this thread